7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 150 posts
  • 65 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by TigerLaw
  • Topic is favorited by 12 Pinsiders

You

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cosmicjim.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#58 7 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

I was on the side of the OP, for a while. But right now I am just happy 4 or 5 of the threads about this fiasco have been locked. The only people treating the OP with kid gloves are the ones hoping to get a deal. This is a hoarder being forced to sell and he wants every penny he can get.
It started off with "A guy with a bunch of pins says I am the only one he will deal with and I just brought home the first 14 pins"
Now he says "How can I put a price on pins folded up in my garage for the past 3 years I have not looked at"
He also said "Nothing will be for sale until I am ready to do this in batches and no one cuts in line"
Now he says "High Speed is sold and I am setting up appointments for the others"
Sorry, but who the heck posts a "kind of for sale" ad to Craigslist? "I'm going to sell, you don't get information, don't contact me".
The above was paraphrasing not actual quotes. Did I get that story wrong? This has been a long drinking weekend but that is what I remember.
Good luck with anyone dealing with this mess. After the first person walks away from the garage please post what happens. If you think you might want a game from a future "batch" and don't wan to upset him just send one of us the basics about price and condition and we will post the outcome.
This whole thing started off sounding cool but now we are watching the train wreck. (insert appropriate picture or animated gif here)

He posted that his first batch is stuff he's had a while.

People have went from ridicule to witch-hunt. I don't mean you are but many people are acting suspicious now.

This is simply a retirement age fellow that isn't social network savvy got excited about his find and upcoming sale and wanted to discuss it.
People don't want to discuss sales. They want the facts and be able to make a decision. People are impatient and skeptical when money is involved.
He also didn't understand he shouldn't have responded to posters with redundant messages.

But hey let's crucify the guy.

#100 7 years ago

There hasn't been 5 threads in over a day. Mods consolidated.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cosmicjim.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/first-14-machines-for-sale-in-carlisle-pa-new-year-information?tu=cosmicjim and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.