7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 150 posts
  • 65 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by TigerLaw
  • Topic is favorited by 12 Pinsiders

You

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider acebathound.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#61 7 years ago
Quoted from cosmicjim:

He posted that his first batch is stuff he's had a while.
People have went from ridicule to witch-hunt. I don't mean you are but many people are acting suspicious now.
This is simply a retirement age fellow that isn't social network savvy got excited about his find and upcoming sale and wanted to discuss it.
People don't want to discuss sales. They want the facts and be able to make a decision. People are impatient and skeptical when money is involved.
He also didn't understand he shouldn't have responded to posters with redundant messages.
But hey let's crucify the guy.

Yep, this pretty much sums it all up entirely.

#83 7 years ago
Quoted from Firebaall:

It's at the point where he's abusing the forum.
There's a component to his activities that is not honest. Likely (as others have stated), he doesn't have the machines, or he's trying to sell machines before he has them, or possibly he's just trying to hide the source of his find, and trying to dump what he has on hand so he can pay for the pickup.
...either way, Pinside shouldn't be used this way and moderators should put a stop to it completely.
Anybody else would have interpreted the shady selling behavior as a flag for fraud.

I can for absolute certainty tell you these machines exist. But since you're one of the people stirring up sh** from the very original post and are far away anyway, it won't matter. Pinside also shouldn't be used to bully people and some people should have been ejected from threads, if that was even an option. I know if I was involved coding this website, there would not only be a way to drain a thread that people could have at any time ignored if there wasn't the information they wanted in it -- there'd also be a way for the OP of the thread to just eject someone specifically there to troll.

But, I'm just sayin'....

#86 7 years ago
Quoted from Firebaall:

It's not bullying to point out the issues. It doesn't matter where I come from, or how far away I might be either. It still doesn't change what's going on.
The notion of an OP having the ability to eject anybody for any reason is ridiculous. Talk about open season for abuse, and fraud.......

If you're far away and have absolutely no interest in buying machines & could at any time just ignore the post, then what is the point of posting and adding to the drama? Then being annoyed to continue seeing the post show up in your feed because you couldn't just hit the drain button?

Do you feel you're doing the right thing by letting others know what they might be getting themselves into when there's been plenty of positive talk of interactions with the OP? Ok you made your point, time to move on -- and drain the thread for yourself, so you're no longer bothered by it. Continuing to add more and more of the same is no better than people asking for pictures over and over. Or the OP trying to respond to *everyone* with the same thing over and over. It's annoying in itself and just shows that noise has been added from all sides.. over what really was started as just a heads-up about some pinball machines coming up for sale.

#87 7 years ago
Quoted from Firebaall:

Also....
Why is this not listed under the regional marketplace?
Why does this not follow Robins guidelines for such a listing? It seems that these rules are in place to STOP the kinds of shenanigans we are seeing from the OP.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-ad-rules-on-the-pinside-forum-1

Seems that rule number 2 would be especially relevant.

Now you care about rules? Didn't seem that way when Pinside Community Rules were talked about.

Flaming, baiting, trolling or otherwise inflammatory comments: These are all slightly different actions that share one thing in common, they stir-up trouble. So please don’t post things that are angry or mean-spirited (flaming), challenge others into heated arguments (baiting/inflammatory comments), or hop from thread to thread typing provocative things (trolling). It’s a waste of your time, our time, and ultimately damages our community.

And once again, it's as easy as hitting that DRAIN THREAD button guy. Do yourself a favor and just let it go.

#89 7 years ago
Quoted from Firebaall:

Read my post above your comment.
The OP is breaking the Market Place rules that were designed to STOP what he is doing.

Well noted that you have pointed this out and believe it has been discussed some before as well. You can move on now.

#91 7 years ago
Quoted from Firebaall:

Seems that rule number 2 would be especially relevant.

Reading rule #2 I don't see what you're talking about? No pictures, no huge listings of mod's per game. It says warehouse finds... project machines. No full-blown marketplace ads. I guess I'm missing something.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider acebathound.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/first-14-machines-for-sale-in-carlisle-pa-new-year-information?tu=acebathound and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.