2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 150 posts
  • 65 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by TigerLaw
  • Topic is favorited by 12 Pinsiders

You

This topic is closed.

There are 150 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 2 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Question though, and mind you I haven't dug into the rules per say, but is this violating a rule? If it is, why is it still open? Just wanting to understand the reasoning.

In specifically ignoring the definition of the "blurb" (as defined by Robin) as listed in the rules, the omission of the price of the games changes the nature of the now (newly moved) "regional marketplace" listing.

As it is, this is an auction listing. Not a "for sale" listing. It changes the nature of the buyers engagement, and what the seller can do to them.

However, it's the up to the mods discretion...

#102 2 years ago
Quoted from Firebaall:

other threads have been locked for less....arbitrary apparently

#103 2 years ago

Mods, please run an IP Check.

#104 2 years ago

Wow what a circle jerk!

#105 2 years ago

These threads make me want to pour acid into my eyes, but yet I continue to read......

#106 2 years ago

Im embarrassed by the behavior.

#107 2 years ago

This is like rgp on steroids where's ff

#108 2 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Mods, please run an IP Check.

Agreed, something not right in Denmark.
I've pointed out to moderators before about Pinsiders with multiple names. Not hard to do, even harder to inforce.

#109 2 years ago

Rather than write all these long posts, why doesn't the OP take the time to look at 2 or 3 pins and list them in market place like the rest of us do. You would think with all the pomp and circumstance in the posts that he was about to open The Arc of the Covenant.

#110 2 years ago

I heard he's living in Dryden.

#111 2 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Sorry, but around these parts, once you're fucked.....you're fucked. There's no getting unfucked.

OMG this is too funny. An entertaining thread for the ages.

#112 2 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

These threads make me want to pour acid into my eyes, but yet I continue to read......

My sides hurt I am laughing so hard. Great stuff.

#113 2 years ago

If I was Acebathhound, I would have a respectful conversation with my Dad and recommend that he hits the eject button.

I'm guessing Lloyd is reading this.

#114 2 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

That's so funny! With your avatar it is even more appropriate.

#115 2 years ago

After all this I hope the OP posts a few machines so we can get on with the selling of these games. This will help get the thread back on track.

#116 2 years ago
Quoted from LitzDoc:

After all this I hope the OP posts a few machines so we can get on with the selling of these games. This will help get the thread back on track.

That'll be in the next thread.

#117 2 years ago

Offered to help move some games around a few days ago in another thread, no response. Sent a PM hours ago about a game listed in this thread and still haven't heard back. Why can't these just be on the marketplace, this is such a difficult way to try and do business and seems to be cheating Pinside out of sales fees.

#118 2 years ago
Quoted from LitzDoc:

My prediction, I think if there are machines and some get sold the drama is just getting started.

#119 2 years ago

If you're wiling to list prices for them, I would be interested in buying pictures of the games and perhaps pay a premium for a well typed, Word document description.

#120 2 years ago

Let's try not to get out of hand with the pitchforks, ok? Good grief.

There's nothing fishy about the OP's account. There's no red flags, and he's been a member in good standing for a number of years.

Quoted from Firebaall:

Since there's no signs of malicious activity, the thread will remain open for the moment.

#121 2 years ago
Quoted from jbrady65tv:

If you're wiling to list prices for them, I would be interested in buying pictures of the games and perhaps pay a premium for a well typed, Word document description.

Substitute "pictures" with "crude drawings," and I have a side offer of sorts.

#122 2 years ago

Help me here guys....Lets just use this thread only, just for a moment.

Over and Over I see posts that say much or ask much, rules on sale, pictures, and on,
arent these questions answered in the first post by the op?

Quoted from too-many-pins:

At 7 PM on Thursday night I will post the full list of machines, conditions, and prices

Thats a couple days from now. I believe I read this correctly.

#123 2 years ago

Good point, Art. I'd assume OP means 7pm eastern, being that he's in Carlisle. But remember, someone (a friend of his) was able to skirt the Thursday announcement and bought one out from under everyone already.

#124 2 years ago

I think the gag that people are running with is that this is like the dude's 3rd hype thread on the same topic.

If Flava Flav ever retires, Chuck D may have a new partner in crime.

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeah, boyyyy!

#125 2 years ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

If I was Acebathhound, I would have a respectful conversation with my Dad and recommend that he hits the eject button.

I mean really that would probably be the best outcome for both the OP sanity and the community. Yeah some of those pins would fly off to Australia and Europe in Lloyd's hands but at least they'd do something other than sit in a dusty warehouse somewhere. Would I be stoked if I ran into the mother lode of pins ? Hell yes ! But then reality would set in and I would realize the massive and overwhelming job of dispensing with them. And if I have to dispense I had better get paid to make it worth my time. Reality is that this is a hobby while that is actual work. There's a reason there are people like Lloyd who have this as a full time job.

#126 2 years ago

I'm shocked that this friggin' grocery bag hasn't quit Pinside, yet, due to all of the scrutiny. Seems like a whack-a-doo.

#127 2 years ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

And laughing his ass off at the insanity. Lloyd may not always have the best price or condition machines, but he often does, and he seems to continually deliver excitement with no headache for so many people.

#128 2 years ago
Quoted from sbmania:

In the words of Nancy Pinball-osi, "We have to sell the pinball so we can see what it looked like."

Was thinking the same thing. Isn't this how we got our lovely and loathed obamacare passed?

#129 2 years ago

So he sells one game to a friend...isnt it his to do so?

He was trying to find a fair way, asked for help, so he could help others.

Instead, it appears no one read that he doesnt have the games in his possession yet, cant send pictures, answer questions,
or list prices...yet.

Then people want to get the deals first, and create their own rules, and he explains tooth surgery, and the Holidays, and patience, and hes labeled a drama queen, and others share, "no one cares about you" Just give us prices and pics?

It was the Holidays, and no slack.

Im sorry guys, thumbs down if you wish, but all Ive read is someone perhaps not familiar with the rules,
announcing theres a warehouse and he wants to sell it fairly, and everyone jumps down his throat.

Why? Because he wants to be fair, figure out how, and ask for your patience to get some, list, etc.
...and because of the "Want" people kinda panic, and when its not what they want, they start name calling,
and judging his character or mental state?

And if hes late a day, he MUST adhere to the deadlines you want.

All Ive seen so far is someone trying to sell, reading and listening to your posts and replying, instead of ignoring, and listing....games he doesnt have yet to do so, and then when he doesnt answer, people are upset hes not answering.

Im not saying the Op didnt contribute, but in Pinsiders Zeal to "obtain", the op was bombarded with an insane amount
of feedback, questions, and alot that was simply answered by reading the first post.

Its his third thread, I think, because of the posts by some in the others. no hype, no BS, this is self created by others.

How about just waiting until HE is ready, instead of complaining its not fast enough for one to get the deal they feel entitled too.

#130 2 years ago

"Name Something That Pisses Off Pinsiders"

Most contestants here know these answers, but some people just keep getting surprised.

#131 2 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

So he sells one game to a friend...isnt it his to do so?

Sure, as long as you understand he's either forgetful or dishonest...

As far as the High Speed goes - that was sold to a friend of mine that emailed and said he wanted it.

OPQuoted from too-many-pins:
No favorites - past customers, friends, etc will be treat the same as someone I never have talked to in the past.

#132 2 years ago
Quoted from Mark_in_PA:

Sure, as long as you understand he's either forgetful or dishonest...
As far as the High Speed goes - that was sold to a friend of mine that emailed and said he wanted it.
No favorites - past customers, friends, etc will be treat the same as someone I never have talked to in the past.

Oh my gosh, hes dishonest! Run away! Dont buy from him!

He changed his mind!

What does he owe you or anyone?

My goodness, how often does one change their mind on Pinside, or in life?

It seems if this bothers you, or someone else, its either because you felt slighted in wanting it, or you shouldnt do business
with anyone that does this. Problem solved.

1 freaking game out of hundreds to a friend!!!!

#133 2 years ago

Best to ignore me, if you disagree...Im in a Pissy mood as 2 friends died in the last 24 hours....

Lifes to short to worry about when and how someone wants to offer games, in bulk, as fairly as possible.

#134 2 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Help me here guys....Lets just use this thread only, just for a moment.
Over and Over I see posts that say much or ask much, rules on sale, pictures, and on,
arent these questions answered in the first post by the op?
At 7 PM on Thursday night I will post the full list of machines, conditions, and prices
Thats a couple days from now. I believe I read this correctly.

This thread should've been started Thursday at 6:59...if the guy didn't honestly expect this reaction, I mean come on man!

#135 2 years ago

I agree with you 100%

#136 2 years ago

OK, I apologize....feeling down...much more fun to go back to an Op bashing thread, if thats whats wanted...sorry to have jumped in.

Art

#137 2 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Best to ignore me, if you disagree...Im in a Pissy mood as 2 friends died in the last 24 hours....
Lifes to short to worry about when and how someone wants to offer games, in bulk, as fairly as possible.

That sucks, man. Very sorry to hear about your friends.

#138 2 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Very sorry to hear about your friends. Condolences.

#139 2 years ago

Thank you guys...I didnt mean to Hijack the thread.

Some day, before it happens I hope, Ill bore you with "getting old sick and dying shit"....... Not today.

Back to the thread.

The Op is stepping back, and I hope he hasnt been chased away.

I genuinely dont believe he meant for this mess, but I do agree with all, hes been here awhile, and should have known better
early into thread 1 at worst.

#140 2 years ago

Once again the craziness continues - it really is not all that complicated. A little over two weeks ago when my son & I were driving home with our first load of machines from the warehouse find we got to talking and decided selling off a bunch of machines made more sense then sitting on them until we had time to process them one at a time.

Being it was around the Holidays I didn't want to start selling until after that was behind us but I did want to give the pinball community a "heads up" a bunch of machines would be coming up for sale in Central PA shortly. People kept pushing and as I got more upset I started pushing back. But as always some people just don't know when enough is enough. So now a few bad apples have ruined it for everyone. And when I say everyone that includes my son & I also.

We will be getting started in the garage today - once we know enough about each machine we will post a full description with price and after that the first person to contact me about each machine will be able to come buy it. This isn't the way I wanted to do it - I was hoping to move a volume of machines quickly at a cheaper price but no one seemed to want to help me come up with a "fair" way to do that so here we are.

Machines will be posted in the marketplace one at a time (the only way I can post pictures if I am understanding Pinside rules correctly). I very much would have preferred just quick descriptions and got some stuff sold off quickly but I it seems like people on Pinside can't buy a machine without pictures.

#141 2 years ago

Once again the craziness continues - it really is not all that complicated. A little over two weeks ago when my son & I were driving home with our first load of machines from the warehouse find we got to talking and decided selling off a bunch of machines made more sense then sitting on them until we had time to process them one at a time.
Being it was around the Holidays I didn't want to start selling until after that was behind us but I did want to give the pinball community a "heads up" a bunch of machines would be coming up for sale in Central PA shortly. People kept pushing and as I got more upset I started pushing back. But as always some people just don't know when enough is enough. So now a few bad apples have ruined it for everyone. And when I say everyone that includes my son & I also.
We will be getting started in the garage today - once we know enough about each machine we will post a full description with price and after that the first person to contact me about each machine will be able to come buy it. This isn't the way I wanted to do it - I was hoping to move a volume of machines quickly at a cheaper price but no one seemed to want to help me come up with a "fair" way to do that so here we are.
Machines will be posted in the marketplace one at a time (the only way I can post pictures if I am understanding Pinside rules correctly). I very much would have preferred just quick descriptions and got some stuff sold off quickly but I it seems like people on Pinside can't buy a machine without pictures.

A few bad apples? Are you having a giggle?

Here's how you give the community a heads up. "Hey, I may be buying out an operator and will be taking the machines home in lots. I do not have details at the moment, but I will update as I can. Please do not message me as I will make all the details if and when I do this." Then you walk away from the keyboard.

Also, expecting that people do not want to drop everything and drive over to your house cash in hand with such accurate descriptions as "major project" is baffling to only you. Gas costs $$ and no one wants to waste a few hours because some old codger cannot be bothered to spend 5 minutes with a camera. You are as crazy as you are lazy.

Congratulate yourself though. Your five threads have drawn more hate than just about anyone in years. Very rare to see so many people come together to say that you are a problem.

#142 2 years ago
Quoted from dung:

A few bad apples? Are you having a giggle?
Here's how you give the community a heads up. "Hey, I may be buying out an operator and will be taking the machines home in lots. I do not have details at the moment, but I will update as I can. Please do not message me as I will make all the details if and when I do this." Then you walk away from the keyboard.
Also, expecting that people do not want to drop everything and drive over to your house cash in hand with such accurate descriptions as "major project" is baffling to only you. Gas costs $$ and no one wants to waste a few hours because some old codger cannot be bothered to spend 5 minutes with a camera. You are as crazy as you are lazy.
Congratulate yourself though. Your five threads have drawn more hate than just about anyone in years. Very rare to see so many people come together to say that you are a problem.

Says someone that doesn't post machines for sale here because it is a PITA according to a recent post by you on another thread.

#143 2 years ago

4 more days to the saleabration...

#144 2 years ago

Says someone that doesn't post machines for sale here because it is a PITA according to a recent post by you on another thread.

Difference between you and is I am not a lazy sob and take my time to document a machine. These are from a machine I sold. http://imgur.com/a/tkhjr

I go through and take at least this many pics each time. You cannot be bothered to take 1 and then whine when people aren't going to drop everything to come buy your junk.

#145 2 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Difference between you and is I am not a lazy sob and take my time to document a machine. These are from a machine I sold. http://imgur.com/a/tkhjr
I go through and take at least this many pics each time. You cannot be bothered to take 1 and then whine when people aren't going to drop everything to come buy your junk.

Never once have I said I was not going to take pictures. What I have said is I would not take pictures or post prices until I could get each machine moved out, set up, looked over, and then be able to fully describe it and take pictures. This was not going to happen until today (or after) because of the Holidays and us having family & guest here for the weekend.

Bottom line, at this point, is all of this has been a total waste of time because to post pictures these will have to be listed one at a time in the marketplace. My goal was a few quick sales to get some quick cash coming back in and to create some space. Since it doesn't look like that is going to be the case I guess we will all just have to wait to see what else might be in that warehouse. Without space I can't make the next trip so for now everything is on hold. That deal has been in the works for almost 4 years so another few weeks really isn't going to matter!

And to clarify one last thing - this first group of machines isn't from the warehouse find - this was the machines we were working on before I got sidetracked by family issues about 3 years ago. Since then the pinball hobby has basically been on hold - now it is time to get things moving again.

#146 2 years ago

Moderators - I guess it is time to shut this one down also it is headed down the same path as the others!

Anyone interested can find machines listed in the marketplace as soon as I can get them listed. Likely starting later tonight or tomorrow.

#147 2 years ago

Anyone interested can find machines listed in the marketplace as soon as I can get them listed

What a fantastic idea! Looking forward to this. Thanks, Skip.

#148 2 years ago

Moderators - I guess it is time to shut this one down also it is headed down the same path as the others!
Anyone interested can find machines listed in the marketplace as soon as I can get them listed. Likely starting later tonight or tomorrow.

It was time to shut it down after the initial post announcement actually. No reason for the following 3 pages of 'discussion'. Market place ads == good!

#149 2 years ago

Shut it down.

Can't wait for the next thread about this!

#150 2 years ago

Thread closed per request of OP. OP must start market place ads and not a new thread on this matter moving forward.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 20.00
$ 800.00
Playfields
Pinball Playfields
$ 25.00
Displays
Pappy's Pinball Palace
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
MI Pinball Refinery
$ 134.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 74.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Id Rather Play Pinball
$ 149.00
$ 89.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 11,500.00
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Pinball Vault
$ 154.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Id Rather Play Pinball
$ 18.99
Playfield - Protection
PinShield
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 60.00
Playfield - Plastics
Vandelay Industries
$ 6,999.00
$ 38.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 7.65
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Meph's Mods
$ 209.99
$ 40.00
Playfield - Decals
Great American Pinball
There are 150 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

This topic is closed.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside