Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 150 posts
  • 65 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by TigerLaw
  • Topic is favorited by 12 Pinsiders

You

This topic is closed.

There are 150 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 7 years ago

The New Year is here and I am about 5 days away from posting the list of the first 14 machines we will be selling with prices and a full description of each. Since regardless of what ideas I had to try to be "fair" received a ton of negative fallout I have decided to just do first come first served. At 7 PM on Thursday night I will post the full list of machines, conditions, and prices but since we are trying to move a good many machines through a small space fairly quickly I need to get a head start somehow.

So if anyone local is interested in having first shot at these machines before I post complete information about them and wants to stop by Thursday while we are finishing up getting stuff ready to sell I would be more than happy to get together with them ahead of time. From NOON till 9 PM Thursday I will be making appointments for the first few people if anyone is interested in running over to see machines prior to us releasing prices publicly. Machines will be for sale during that time so bring cash along. I will be setting up appointments in the order emails are received. But if you are first to email and you can't be here until 5 PM and someone else can be here at noon they will be first in line. I need to get some of this stuff sold quickly to make room for additional machines.

I can't post exact prices until we assess each machine and that process will not even start until sometime later in the day Tuesday (due to Holiday guest still being here). But at this point I can say over 1/2 the machines will be priced below either Boston Pinball or Pinside average price for that title. And only Caveman will be priced much over the average selling price for a title because of what I have invested in that machine and the fact the monitor is working.

I can only have one person (or group of people) here at a time due to the neighborhood we live in. So appointments will be spaced out 2 to 3 hours apart to keep things from getting crazy. So depending on interest I and times people are available Thursday will be limited to about 4 or 5 people total.

Friday I'll be doing the same thing from 9AM to 9PM. I'll try to update what is still for sale as quickly as possible but if you are driving more than a few miles I recommend you contact me via email just before you hit the road to make sure machine or machines you are interested in are still available.

I don't have a clue how fast machines will sell or what the interest level will be once we post all the information about these but I do know I need to either sell these machines fairly quickly or get them moved to storage to make room for the next group of machines. I just don't have the time to schedule appointments for each specific machine. As things progress I am sure I will figure out better ways of doing things but for now I just need to get things started!

Sorry for yet another long email without PICTURES!

First group of machines with some description was in the original post about 3 pages from the end. So for this post I am just going to list machines to save some typing.

MACHINES INCLUDE: 4 Square (the only EM in this lot), High Speed (playfield wear), Bram Stoker's Dracula (major project), Small Puck Shuffle Alley (1954 League), Strange Science (better than average), Secret Service (nice overall), Caveman (monitor works), Fire (Players Quality), Gold Wings (shopped & ready to play), El Dorado City of Gold (extremely nice), Checkpoint (very nice), Nitro Ground Shaker (players quality), Firepower (working & shopped), and a super nice Road Kings.

Let the BASH FEST begin!

#2 7 years ago

If the prices are good most of those titles should go pretty fast. The puck alley might be a bit difficult.

I wish I was closer. Good luck with your sales.

#3 7 years ago

I'm hoping for a NGG or RBION to hopefully pop up in your future lists. Good luck Skip.

#4 7 years ago

Thursday afternoon is booked up but if anyone wants to come over 5 PM or later I still have a couple slots open for Thursday evening.

High Speed is SOLD but the other 13 machines are still up for grabs.

Happy New Year!

#5 7 years ago

No classic Stern titles yet eh? I'll keep checking in.

#6 7 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Just working on 14 machines that are already in the garage for now (ones already listed this past week). Once some of them are gone I'll start on the next batch of machines and will repeat the process until everything is sold or moved to my storage units.

#7 7 years ago

Would it be impolite to ask what the High Speed went for?

#8 7 years ago

Damn.... just list the games with their prices, please! I have never seen this much drama regarding the sale of pinball machines. It's not hard... list your games and prices, people who want them at that price contact you and you sell them. Really, can you make it any harder?

Do we need to stand in line? Guess what number you are thinking between 1 and 100 to get the "opportunity" to buy these game? Play "I Spy" to get the clues on prices? What????

And if it's an auction, put them on eBay.

#9 7 years ago

What is so hard to understand about me have family plans this weekend? These machines have been sitting in the garage folded up for over 3 years! Two deaths in the family, two estate houses to get cleaned out and sold, two sons needing help with houses they bought, and life outside of pinball has basically kept me away from the hobby for almost 4 years.

HOW THE HELL can I give people prices & descriptions when I have not looked at these machines in years? I don't remember what was done to each since we bought it, etc. Starting Tuesday we will start working through them and AS SOON AS I KNOW EXACTLY WHAT WE ARE SELLING I'll be happy to post more.

My original thread was to give people a heads up these would be coming up for sale -- NOTHING MORE & NOTHING LESS. Two weeks later and over 100 post later we are back to WHERE ARE THE PICTURES & PRICES? THEY ARE COMING ASAP!

#10 7 years ago
Quoted from too-many-pins:

What is so hard to understand about me have family plans this weekend? These machines have been sitting in the garage folded up for over 3 years! Two deaths in the family, two estate houses to get cleaned out and sold, two sons needing help with houses they bought, and life outside of pinball has basically kept me away from the hobby for almost 4 years.
HOW THE HELL can I give people prices & descriptions when I have not looked at these machines in years? I don't remember what was done to each since we bought it, etc. Starting Tuesday we will start working through them and AS SOON AS I KNOW EXACTLY WHAT WE ARE SELLING I'll be happy to post more.
My original thread was to give people a heads up these would be coming up for sale -- NOTHING MORE & NOTHING LESS. Two weeks later and over 100 post later we are back to WHERE ARE THE PICTURES & PRICES? THEY ARE COMING ASAP!

Again, drama.... You're not the victim in this. No one forced you to sell games right now. You are the conductor of this trainwreck.

#11 7 years ago
Quoted from robotron911:

Damn.... just list the games with their prices, please! I have never seen this much drama regarding the sale of pinball machines. It's not hard... list your games and prices, people who want them at that price contact you and you sell them. Really, can you make it any harder?
Do we need to stand in line? Guess what number you are thinking between 1 and 100 to get the "opportunity" to buy these game? Play "I Spy" to get the clues on prices? What????
And if it's an auction, put them on eBay.

He's a martyr. A dying breed.

#12 7 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Have you always been interested in those? It seems lately something has sparked your interest I've noticed.

#13 7 years ago

100,000 words from the OP on this topic so far, and zero ads with pictures and prices.

#14 7 years ago

Wish I was closer, have fun East Coast, and good luck with all your sales.

#15 7 years ago

This seems like a big waste of time.

#16 7 years ago

Mods, can we please shut down the ops threads or consolidate them all into one? Anyone looking to deal with this guy needs to see how mentally unstable he is.

#17 7 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

This is seems like a big waste of time.

I agree

#18 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Have you always been interested in those? It seems lately something has sparked your interest I've noticed.

I started really enjoying them about two years ago when Xerico would bring them to HAAG and TPF. Currently I have a Catacomb and Quicksilver. Would love to add Star Gazer and Seawitch (and I wouldn't throw Dragonfist out of bed...).

I like how simple and approachable they are combined with the artwork. The speed makes them ideal for parties and tourneys.

#19 7 years ago

Anyone familiar with the term catfishing? I'm not saying that is happening here, but buyers beware. This is just weird. How about just listing the games with prices in the Marketplace (as you should anyway) like the rest of the functional world and the fine folks here on pinside? Don't have prices or info, then zip it until you do.

PS - Classic Sterns are awesome!

#20 7 years ago

How the hell did the high speed sell all ready ? I thought first crack was Thursday ?? That was one of the best games on list !

#21 7 years ago

high speed was faster than the others

#23 7 years ago

4 Square would have my interest but (as somebody in the middle/neutral of all of this) I'm a bit worried following all of those other threads! I think it turned me off from buying a little as a serious buyer, and I'm sure others feel the same. Also not looking forward to hearing the price.

#24 7 years ago
Quoted from Otaku:

4 Square would have my interest but (as somebody in the middle of all of this) I'm a bit worried following all of those other threads! I think it turned me off from buying a little, and I'm sure others feel the same. Also not looking forward to hearing the price.

Agree fully. Was interested. Not anymore. I'm even in Virginia where the stash is located. After seeing the descent into chaos that 5 different threads have become will just sit back and watch with popcorn at my side. If I get lucky Lloyd will drive over grab the lot from PA and then post so I can see if I want any at maybe a $100 premium but with my sanity left intact.

#25 7 years ago

Thursday afternoon is booked up but if anyone wants to come over 5 PM or later I still have a couple slots open for Thursday evening.
High Speed is SOLD but the other 13 machines are still up for grabs.
Happy New Year!

Will there be Shasta and deli meats Thursday evening?

#26 7 years ago

I may have a players conditions HIGH SPEED FS coming in the next week or two. Allentown Pa.

#27 7 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Will there be Shasta and deli meats Thursday evening?

Your choice of deli meats, the coke products are not for you though.

#28 7 years ago

Why would you post this again with no prices just baffled as to why?

#29 7 years ago
Quoted from pookycade:

Agree fully. Was interested. Not anymore. I'm even in Virginia where the stash is located. After seeing the descent into chaos that 5 different threads have become will just sit back and watch with popcorn at my side. If I get lucky Lloyd will drive over grab the lot from PA and then post so I can see if I want any at maybe a $100 premium but with my sanity left intact.

This this the collection in Gordonsville???

#30 7 years ago

Op posted multiple threads in case word hadn't gotten out on this warehouse find. Or is it life has been busy and they have been folded up for 4 years?? Even the story has changed.
Will Op take an oversized western union as payment, so he knows I'm serious??

#31 7 years ago

HOW THE HELL can I give people prices & descriptions when I have not looked at these machines in years?

I've stayed out of the comments on your various threads other than expressing interest up until now, but I felt like I should answer this question.

The answer, of course, is that you don't give prices and descriptions in that situation. But the other factor you seem to be missing is you don't MENTION ANYTHING AT ALL until you have that info. Would you create an ebay auction listing with no photos and "description coming soon" as the text? That's what you've effectively done in all these useless, time-wasting threads.

So, that's why people are giving you shit. What I find so confusing is that you're clearly an experienced online seller, so I don't understand why this all seems hard for you to understand.

#32 7 years ago

In my best Shark Tank voice - working with you would drive me crazy, I'm out.

#33 7 years ago

This reminds me of hype on a pre-sale a few years back. The only thing missing here is the "Give me your money now and I'll tell you what it is later" part.

#34 7 years ago

HOW THE HELL can I give people prices & descriptions when I have not looked at these machines in years?

all you had to do was wait until you had all the info and then post it here...it's the pre pre pre sale that seems to be annoying people.

#35 7 years ago

Wait until you have said info and THEN post the thread (too late now, please not another one). Otherwise you are just poking at the riot.

#36 7 years ago

In the words of Nancy Pinball-osi, "We have to sell the pinball so we can see what it looked like."

#37 7 years ago

I am not going to waste any more time on the haters. The purpose of this post was to invite anyone local over Thursday to get a look at things while we were finishing up getting stuff ready to sell.

As far as the High Speed goes - that was sold to a friend of mine that emailed and said he wanted it. He is a buyer not a picture collector and those are the people I want to be deal with!

This entire thing is not all that hard to understand - I am trying to sell off a bunch of machines quickly to make room for more I need to pick up. Nothing more & nothing less.

#38 7 years ago

If this dude keeps it up he will be sitting on a boat load of games he over paid for.

#39 7 years ago
Quoted from FrankJ:

In my best Shark Tank voice - working with you would drive me crazy, I'm out.

"You've got great heart and passion but my strength is in sales not pre-sales, and for that reason I'm out."

#40 7 years ago

I still don't understand why you continually insult people who would like a price and to see the condition of the machines as "picture collectors".

You're an experienced online buyer/seller. Do you buy machines sight unseen?

I am not going to waste any more time on the haters. The purpose of this post was to invite anyone local over Thursday to get a look at things while we were finishing up getting stuff ready to sell.
As far as the High Speed goes - that was sold to a friend of mine that emailed and said he wanted it. He is a buyer not a picture collector and those are the people I want to be deal with!
This entire thing is not all that hard to understand - I am trying to sell off a bunch of machines quickly to make room for more I need to pick up. Nothing more & nothing less.

#41 7 years ago

I'll take Secret Service, Nitro Ground Shaker, and Strange Science off your hands for $1000 cash, for all 3. If they all check out and power on, I can drive up any day this week.

#42 7 years ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

I still don't understand why you continually insult people who would like a price and to see the condition of the machines as "picture collectors".
You're an experienced online buyer/seller. Do you buy machines sight unseen?

Because I have played that game before when selling machines. Spend hours sending hundreds of pictures to people to just have them ask for more pictures. These are project machines for the most part - what the hell do you need pictures for?

Serious buyers show up - look at machines in person - then decide if they want that machine or machines. Those are the guys I am looking for. NOT the guys 3000 miles away that want dozens of pictures when I already said I was not interested in doing any shipping at this point!

#43 7 years ago

Hater ? No definitely not that. Disappointed ? Yes for sure. Look you seem like a decent guy from everyone that has commented on dealing with you before, but simply put you built this mess in the first place. Then you doubled down by answering every negative comment with some degree of indignation. If you spent every hour that you used over the past week typing out comments on pinside and instead put all of that into putting up even two pins with actual pictures and actual prices on them you would have saved the total sh*t storm you are now experiencing. If you had just posted in the marketplace - like every other person who has ever sold on here - you would have similarly not suffered any flack. Instead, you posted a thread that said I have alot of pins and I want to do good things for the community - which some of us (myself included) foolishly believed when every indication now was that this has been a vanity thread all along. And then when you kept getting knocked up the side of the head from some people that kept asking for two things (prices / pictures), then you started getting more and more belligerent in your responses (as did everyone else out of exasperation about how someone could type so much as say so little in pages upon pages of replies). No sir, whether you want to acknowledge this or not (and I am assuming its "or not"), this one and what transpired lays entirely at your doorstep. No harm done to anyone, but hopefully the social wrath you are harvesting here - even from supporters - will finally convince you the error of your ways. As I said you will undoubtedly put some pins back into circulation that you do not have time to get to yourself. Overall I applaud the anti-hording and the ability to make some people quite happy. But how you went about ? Wow there has been no bigger trainwreck in my time on pinside.

#44 7 years ago

These are project machines for the most part - what the hell do you need pictures for?
Serious buyers show up - look at machines in person - then decide if they want that machine or machines. Those are the guys I am looking for. NOT the guys 3000 miles away that want dozens of pictures when I already said I was not interested in doing any shipping at this point!

But as you stated before your paying market price or higher, then not putting selling prices up and no pics.......please. Geeeee's go figure

#45 7 years ago

These are project machines for the most part - what the hell do you need pictures for?

I usually look for playfield wear, cosmetic damage, broken parts/ramps, backglass issues, missing parts, or anything else concerning unobtainable parts. That usually determines the price I'm willing to pay for a game.

I don't need a thousand photos. Usually 2 or 3 good, clear photos are enough to get me on the road, which is pretty much all most folks are looking for--to prove that you have the game and the general state of it. Is it a game in nice shape that needs a little work, or a heavily routed, waterlogged wreck?

I've driven a couple hundred miles just upon seeing a fuzzy out-of-focus craigslist photo, but with a bargain basement price on it. But if you're asking a bit more, then I usually like to see a couple good photos. Condition is king.

#46 7 years ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

Why are you posting in a regional for sale thread located in Pa. when you are in Ca. ?

#47 7 years ago

I have found in the past that people who are too busy to properly sell their items are way too busy to properly ship out what has been sold.

This is just a fishing expedition.

#48 7 years ago

I predict the next chapter in this multi-thread sale is to be reviews from the buyers that show up and.......................

#49 7 years ago

These games sound like junks???

#50 7 years ago

If you'd consider shipping I only need 4 pics. Playfield backglass cabinets and boards.

There are 150 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/first-14-machines-for-sale-in-carlisle-pa-new-year-information and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.