You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

1 (resized).JPG
ac5b9ae3101991fc2f9b8fe8268998cd46fae5a6.jpg
fc0b2c1132760390214b8a7ccb858d21fd1d77b1.jpg
7da5ee3ad81583e64a12feafbaf82a4d18cf2af2.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gregh.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

Hey all,

I've been trying to figure this thing out before I posted here as I probably sound like a broken record. Anyhow I got a firequeen yesterday. It's my first dive into em repair. So here is where I'm at.

It was immediately going into game over once you hit the replay button. So I did some snooping and found a bad coil on the hold relay. That fixed that issue fine.

Now everything resets (score reels, player motor) but then the score motor just keeps spinning. I can stop it by manually releasing the ax relay. At this point it's ready for a game, but won't shoot a ball out. I can push the ball out withy finger and play a ball and all scoring etc works fine. When it drains it will count the bonus, so the outhole switch is working fine. Just won't kick a ball. Anyway I can manually play through 5 balls. Then it won't go into game over.

So one thing at a time. The reset sequence I guess is a good place to start. I noticed the bx relay gets no power whatsoever. It never tried to pull. I've cleaned and gapped all the switches on the score reels, coin unit and player unit. So far no luck.

Any advice on a starting point would be lovely.

Cheers

#4 6 years ago

I have the schematic and manual for the game. I'll post some snippets tomorrow.

#8 6 years ago

I appreciate where everyone is coming from. But my whole goal with this project is to understand the way ems work and flow. I'm fine with anything solid state. They're easy to me now. But ems just give me anxiety lol. Anyway I don't want to start shotgunning as I feel it'll cause more problems then it will solve. I have a local guy coming by my shop tonight to have a look with me. When I'm out there I'll take some schematic pics and post a few circuits I'm having problems with.

Cheers for all your help.

#11 6 years ago
Quoted from gmkalos:

Well in my defense mine was doa lol, but yea the proper way is to diag and fix the problem at hand you need the schematics. The video helped me understand the entire system in general.

Oh I totally get it. Tonight my buddy came over and had a look. It's worse than I originally thought. I might cut my losses on this one unfortunately.

#13 6 years ago
Quoted from gmkalos:

I don't blame you I swore after that one I'd never go back to EM's as much as I loved that chime coil lol. One thing is that FQ is a rare 2 player version of Vulcan and they only produced 970 machines. You may be able to sell it as is to a serious collector and actually make money. I would say in non working condition, complete and fairly decent shape cosmetically it could easily fetch $500-$700.

Thats what I'm thinking. The backglass is an 8/10 and the playfield while pretty dirty, only had one small quarter size wear spot. The rest of it is in really good shape. It's too bad though, I would really like to have it working. Ah well, you win some, you loose some.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gregh.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/firequeen-newb?tu=gregh and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.