New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 211845)

firepowerpinball.com down

By dudah

2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by ChrisHibler
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 2 years ago

Anybody have a backup of the site or the downloads?
I was able to snag a few files through the Wayback Machine... https://web.archive.org/web/20161223210719/http://www.firepowerpinball.com/downloads/

1 month later
#3 2 years ago

Hi I’m behind the firepowerpinball.com site. The original idea was to create a slick experience that gave access to Firepower vectored images and cool graphics. The graphic designer is Phil Butcher and the pinball tech support and circuit diagrams was from me (alienpoker). We have provided this to the pinball community without asking for anything in return. We have continued to pay for the web hosting and domain charges which have continued to increase over the years.

I also created firepower.2ya.com to be a more informal repair site and linked to cover some of the games in my collection. I then moved over to providing some of the content on PinWiki as the Marvin3m / Clay information started to dissapear.

The main reason firepowerpinball.com is being updated is that the site was originally written in Adobe Flash and Adobe Creative Suite, which are not supported on iPad or iPhones and is on the way out. I started what was supposed to be a fairly quick upgrade to move content to WordPress or some other web platform (html5) , which would allow access from any platform. Sadly I was let down by a web developer which I had I paid and this is still not ready to roll out. Frustrating.

I’m likely to put the fppb.com site back up as it once was, if there is still a demand for the diagrams and info. Ideally in a more accessible format once that is completed. For now I changed it so there is a site index of files.

BTW- Much of it is now available on PinWiki or copies are hosted elsewhere. I also provide www.firepower.2ya.com with some Firepower and Williams System6 board and repair info which someone kindly mentioned. Also there is www.blackknightpinball.com for Black Knight and Williams System7. As I have become more active in pinball again in 2018, I am hopeful these sites will continue to be updated and improved as time permits. Cheers.

Happy Flipping! Steve Ritche Rules!

2 weeks later
#4 2 years ago

alienpoker Thanks for providing this resource!

#5 2 years ago

Thanks Mr A-P, I had originally found your website a while back searching around for personal websites for individual pinball machines, and I thought it was really great. It was an inspiration for me when I started building up a similar pile of information and web pages for my first machine, the Bally Bon Voyage.

Then, some time later, I had a chance to play FP at the Banning museum. I went back to Banning multiple times and played the majority of the hundreds of games they have there. As I kept returning I started to track the ones I really liked playing. It’s one thing to read about how cool they are, and to admire the really beautiful ones and fall in love with the artwork. But it’s other thing to play them and find out if you really enjoy that too. After playing many machines multiple times, I found myself going back to FP over and over. I got to play another really nice one at the Lodi event. And I came to realize, daaang this is a fun machine to play. It’s cool looking for sure, but also just plain fun and addictive. Now FP is pretty much at the top of my list for my next machine. Someday I will have one. Then I will get to utilize all your awesome docs and artwork.

1 month later
#6 2 years ago

Thanks for the kind words.
With 14,000 Firepower games made, you should be able to find one. When everything’s working it’s an awesome player and needs careful attention to shot placement. One of the best single layer layouts of the 1980s (imho).

Site(s) are back up, FPPB.com is now a Wordpress indexed menu system, which cleanly drives (most of) the original content on all platforms:
http://www.firepowerpinball.com

#7 2 years ago

Thank you sir. We all appreciate what it took to bring it back and keep it running.

#8 2 years ago

I'm really glad to hear that you're back in Pinball AP. The diagrams are awesome and although they are now on the PinWiki...I always liked having them on your site too.
Thanks again!
--
Chris Hibler - CARGPB #31
http://www.ChrisHiblerPinball.com/Contact
http://www.PinWiki.com - The Place to go for Pinball Repair Info

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 259.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 12.00
Cabinet - Other
Siegecraft Electronics
$ 499.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 33.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 11.00
$ 14.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside