flippers4.jpg
flippers1.jpg
flippers2.jpg
tilt.jpg
fp-coindoor5.jpg
fp-coindoor4.jpg
fp-coindoor3.jpg
fp-coindoor1.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RudeDogg1.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

Where to start well about 88% of the issues with this machine seem to be wiring or lack of. Im having great difficulty reading some of the wiring diagrams (dyslexcia and schimatics don't mix) this is hopefully where some of you nice guys and gals can hopefully help me.

First one is the cabinet loom (short section) coin door side.

only prob ive come across which im not sure about is on the coin door side of the short coin door loom there are 5 wires cut off at the connector. One grey and black a ground just screwed to the door (cant even see that on the wiring diagram), 3 are for the center and left coin mech which it doesn't have anyway so not bothered about that but the last one red is ment to go to the coin lock out but I have no idea what that is can anyone help please? Also there are 2 replacement wrong coloured wires yellow and a grey one attached to the 2 coin mech leaf switches the other end of thoughs wires are connected to nothing. Any idea what colours they are replacing so I can connect them up. Heres the link to the wiring diagram

http://www.firepowerpinball.com/downloads/CabinetWiring.pdf

Second one is one of the back box looms.

And as i suspected from my initial inspection of the machine some of the wiring for the solenoids is totally missing right back to the board. Why someone would do that is beyond me. Now I know what colours are missing from the board connector but I'm not sure what connectors they go to and the drawings don't seem to say. So if any of you guys could point me in the right direction I'd be greatful.

For anyone that can help the connector im on about is 3J3 on the power board. 8 Solenoid B+ (28 VDC) 6 red and 7 ground (spec, common switch 3 black. Of course thats if the original connector that was on it was wired in the correct places.

http://www.firepowerpinball.com/downloads/BackboxWiring.pdf

Third one is the switch loom.

On the 15 pin connector I have one loose wire light green and yellow that's not connected to a pin id say it should be doubled up in a pin but cant see which one it goes to a ball eject / kicker

http://www.firepowerpinball.com/downloads/SwitchWiring.pdf

only other loom prob I have at the moment is the missing flipper wiring in the solenoid loom theres not even any missing pins in the connector so don't know if they were doubled up or something.

Id be really greatful of any help because im kinda a t a stand still with the wiring

#4 10 years ago

yeah got that ive even got the paper copy just cant make much sense of it. How do you know what pin is 3 when its a connector with 3 rows of 5? This is half the reason I find the drawings confusing most the connectors bare no resembelence to the main block connectors that and it only seems to show where one end of a wire goes. Like I know im missing wires on some connectors but then where does the other end go it don't tell ya?

#6 10 years ago

cheers dude I have that manual yet ive never noticed that page

#8 10 years ago

yeah that's where I got my links from

#12 10 years ago

cheers wiredoug 2 more bits missing I don't have that coil mech on the door or the lilt switch I just have that crusty little board next to the tilt as for the flippers I don't even have the wires lol sighs

#14 10 years ago

what is the lockout thing? sure my other machine don't have one

#18 10 years ago

I wont bother reinstating the wires then, prob why its been removed I guess. I still don't get why they stripped the flipper wires out right up to the board another one of pinballs mysteries and major pain in the arse lol

1 month later
#19 10 years ago

All wiring issues now sorted and all looms repaired and rebuilt

1 month later
#20 10 years ago

Does anyone have any pics or know what wires connect to the under pf lighting braid and where abouts the connection points should be. Most of the braid was missing and it had loads of connection hacks so I've no idea what's right or not

#23 10 years ago

Surely there's only 2 connections on each section of braid?

#24 10 years ago

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Here you go what wires should be connected to the braided sections to give the sunken lights power and where should the connections be? This machine had only about 20% of this braid most of which was just hacks none with power lines connected so I have no reference atall to go by

#27 10 years ago
Quoted from wiredoug:

ok so you need *everything* .. now it makes sense.
there may well be only one connection - the circuit can be completed by the path through the socket to the control board and earth.
photos will take some time. Do you have the actual loom and all the missing assemblies?

Yeah I've replaced anything missing and rebuilt the looms which had wires missing. In the process of soldering the looms back on atm

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 42.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

Tools
Pincoder Store

600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Casper, WY
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

2,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hawesville, KY
$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

2,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Branford, CT
1,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Benton, PA
$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 129.00
Cabinet Parts
Bob's Pinball Stuff

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RudeDogg1.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/firepower-wiring-issues-help-required-please?tu=RudeDogg1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.