Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 17 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by lpeters82
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Firepower-F14 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crazylevi.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 5 years ago

All three are plentiful and relatively cheap - I don't think the spread between a nice FP and a nice High speed or F14 is really that big. All three were played to death in arcades and may show varying degrees of wear.

They are all great games. I would probably lean toward high speed of the three, but you really can't go wrong. ANd yes, Firepower will require more work/care to "bulletproof" as the System 11 games are much better designed.

Firepower can also play pretty janky if not given a lot of attention. As a baseline, you want to be able to hit that top lock shot with the right flipper.

#4 5 years ago
    Quoted from InfiniteLives:

I would go F-14 or High Speed in a smaller collection
    If you had like 5+ games Firepower would fit better imo
    I like F-14 more as its a real battle you verse the machine, especially with the yagov kick back but both are probably about the same amount of fun.

I like F14 but I find it less interesting and it gets old faster. No combo shots, not a lot of flow for a Ritchie game (it does have nice spinner shots), and no ramps either. Not a lot of innovation either (well the kicker is cool!)...FP invented a ton of cool stuff, and High Speed invented the Picard Maneuver!

My least favorite of the three for sure, but no arguing that it's quite a spectacle when you get the sirens going. Amazing music too especially the "multiball ready" tune.

#6 5 years ago
    Quoted from InfiniteLives:

i dont like the progressive jackpot carry over on high speed where if player 1 cashes in ball 1 you just have to grind for a day to try and come back. im pretty sure you cannot change that in the settings but ive heard of a custom rom that fixes this.
    youve probably have seen it more than me, is that correct or am i completely wrong?

There is a tournament ROM that fixes the Jackpot at 750,000 I believe. Not sure where you get it but it certainly fixes the issue.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crazylevi.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/firepower-vs-f14-vs?tu=crazylevi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.