Topic poll

“Which do you prefer - Firepower or Black out?”

• Firepower 14 votes
    56%
  • Blackout 11 votes
    44%

(25 votes)

#2 10 years ago

I have had both....firepower by a long shot. Multi ball!

Blackout is slower and boring

#3 10 years ago

Firepower by Knockout in the first round!!!

#4 10 years ago

No question ....firepower kicks ass

#5 10 years ago

an absolute classic ... or some other thing ... not really a fair fight

#6 10 years ago

Blackout is cool, in no way am i putting the title down. Firepower..... Multiball, same type theme, same type dark playfield and a great rule set.

My vote goes to firepower all day long when put to the test against Blackout...... apples and oranges

#7 10 years ago

Fire Power for sure!
Make the droptartgets to work, its great to have them installed.

#8 10 years ago

I'd be hard pressed to pick one over the other, both great games. I Played both heavily at a local Sega Center back when they were new. Blackout was a more challenging game to me.
I will give Firepower points on sound, but Blackout had a better light show.

#9 10 years ago

I've had both Firepowers come and go, they never did anything for me. Blackout will always stay here next to my recently aquired Barracora, which I never should have gotten rid of years ago. How about it Matt ?

John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, Mi.
269-979-3836

#10 10 years ago

I've owned both, Firepower is a kick ass game but Blackout for me by a hair. 3 banks of targets, 3 spinners and a kickout hole that triggers "blackout" , and a great orbit shot that's tough to hit. They look great next to each other too!

#11 10 years ago

I will NEVER sell my Blackout. I don't think you can go wrong with either really.

#12 10 years ago

Blackout gets the nod,at least for the backglass artwork.It's one of the all time great backglasses.

#13 10 years ago

I prefer Firepower. It's been in my collection longer than any other game and I still enjoy playing it on a fairly regular basis. Blackout has a great art package and layout, but the ruleset is lacking IMO. Get a Skateball instead.

#14 10 years ago

I have both, and neither is likely to leave anytime soon. They are both classics and both awesome games. That being said I would take Blackout over Firepower. ( Really need to get my BO done and back in the line up) Hubbys choice might very from mine, cause he loves FP. Both are staying in the collection though!

Phoebe

#15 10 years ago

Blackout has better art and is unique for its flowing shots which is unusual for that area. Sound packages are similarly awesome for both. I like the qualifying of multiball in FP, but find the mb itself fairly pointless with no objectives or jackpots, etc.

Tough call. I hope to own both at one point or another.

#16 10 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

I like the qualifying of multiball in FP, but find the mb itself fairly pointless with no objectives or jackpots, etc.

I disagree. Simply getting to the multiball is worth 60k points (10k per lock, plus 30k to start) which is a good chunk of change in FP. I think some people get annoyed there isn't a jackpot or PF multiplier (there are even the home ROMs Oliver made that add multiball jackpots, amongst other things), but to me Firepower's rules are great the way they are. I usually use multiball to shoot the risky center targets to requalify the locks.

#17 10 years ago

I had both at one point. Firepower is my all-time favorite games as a kid and still is today. Blackout however is a great game too. I sold mine and have been tempted to buy it back. The new owner had it on CL here in SoCal for a really great price but had zero calls. My feeling you can't go wrong with either.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

1,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Benton, PA
600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Casper, WY
$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 42.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 42.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

2,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hawesville, KY
Machine - For Sale
Shepherdsville, KY
$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/firepower-vs-blackout and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.