New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 192218)

Firepower, the hard multiball shot

By kiario

3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 16 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Joydivision
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 3 years ago

Hi,

Does anyone have any tips on how to shoot the top kicker hole for multiball on Firepower?

Its a really really hard shot to make. If the aim is off the slightiest then the ball hits the long rubber band on left side and loosing lots of momentum instead of going straight into the spinner and against the metal fence.

And if the shot is not made 100 % Clean on the flippers then the ball Bounces on the post at the kicker hole instead of the hole.
Maybe my flippers are not aligned properly and it makes it harder?

Any tips welcome

#2 3 years ago
Quoted from kiario:

Hi,
Does anyone have any tips on how to shoot the top kicker hole for multiball on Firepower?
Its a really really hard shot to make. If the aim is off the slightiest then the ball hits the long rubber band on left side and loosing lots of momentum instead of going straight into the spinner and against the metal fence.
And if the shot is not made 100 % Clean on the flippers then the ball Bounces on the post at the kicker hole instead of the hole.
Maybe my flippers are not aligned properly and it makes it harder?
Any tips welcome

Haha.. I hear ya .. sometimes it luck.. fresh wax is also key .. sometimes with a red plunger spring on the shooter Rod as well...it can be a bastard ..

#3 3 years ago

flippers must be be in good repair but after that I second what Miltown said.....the real key is wax. When I cant quite make that shot anymore due to lack of speed I know its time to rewax

#4 3 years ago
Quoted from smailskid:

flippers must be be in good repair but after that I second what Miltown said.....the real key is wax. When I cant quite make that shot anymore due to lack of speed I know its time to rewax

Yup.. tricky.. wax the feild and them balls...

#5 3 years ago

Good flippers are the key. Maybe unwind some of the coil to give it a bit lore power? I have no problem getting the upper lock with a cpr playfield and rebuilt flippers.

I have a harder time with the right side playfield lock. Often the ball will fly up the star rollover and touch the plastic enough to slow the ball down and it doesn't reach the capture hole.

#6 3 years ago

Right side no problem on my FP. I can even backhand it easily.

#7 3 years ago

Great tips. I am putting in new eos switches to see if it makes difference.
Thanks

#8 3 years ago

Take the rubber off the little post at the upper lock and the ball will lock more frequently.

#9 3 years ago

New EOS switch fitted but did not do much. I Think my flippers Power is no issue.

Wax is new also since I just finsihed the total restoration of the machine(see separate thread)

The problem is the last inch or so at the top where the ball starts to loose Contact with the metal fence and therefore hitting the rubber post just slightly and its enough to not enter the hole.

Yeah, removing the rubber works but does it not cause wear on the ball instead without rubber when it is hitting the metal post?

#10 3 years ago
Quoted from kiario:

New EOS switch fitted but did not do much. I Think my flippers Power is no issue.
Wax is new also since I just finsihed the total restoration of the machine(see separate thread)
The problem is the last inch or so at the top where the ball starts to loose Contact with the metal fence and therefore hitting the rubber post just slightly and its enough to not enter the hole.
Yeah, removing the rubber works but does it not cause wear on the ball instead without rubber when it is hitting the metal post?

Wax the metal and the balls .. makes a huge difference ...

#11 3 years ago

Is your playfield pitch at 6.5 degrees? Or is it steeper?

#12 3 years ago

I had the same problem, I found it it seemed like a combination of the playfield angle not too steep (mine is about 6 degrees I think) & the flipper bat positioning (assuming rebuilt flippers). What made the difference for me was adjusting the bat downward just a bit past the normal point where it is inline with the guides.

Quoted from smailskid:

Right side no problem on my FP. I can even backhand it easily.

I have never tried a backhand for the top lock! that would seem impossible for me but will give it a go.

#13 3 years ago
Quoted from kiario:

Make sure that upper metal wall is perfectly straight and doesn't bulge downward in the middle at all.. even a slight deflection down will mess up the shot. If anything it can have a slight upward bulge to make an arc

#14 3 years ago

I have a CPR playfield and put in new flipper mechs as per Vid's guide. I can make this shot all day long without issue. I could probably crank the table up to 10 degrees and still make it. I believe it just comes down to the strength of the flippers. I have more issues with the right hand lock. No issues getting it into the opening but it seems to hit the rail on the way up and lose momentum and not make it to the hole.

New flipper mechs make this a completely different game. I've played another one at my league and its slow and sluggish. It's like night and day...

#15 3 years ago

Just checked voltage and its 38v on the flipper coils. Also angled down the flippers some 5 mm to match the calibration hole better.
That made the difference and on my first try i made the shot to the top kicker hole.

So thats it then. Thanks for all the tips. They really helped.

The right lock is no issue. Make it easily with left flipper. Guess rail adjustment is the thing here.

Also my slingsgots are super powerfull. They alone can send the ball flying to the kicker holes.

Br Anders

#16 3 years ago

Yes, changing the flipper bat angle down makes quite a difference - in my case was just what it needed to make the shot possible, but still a hard shot as it was intended to be.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 33.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
$ 259.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 11.00
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball
$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 12.00
Cabinet - Other
Siegecraft Electronics
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 14.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside