Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4783 (resized).JPG
playfield (resized).jpg
IMG_4782 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
target1 (resized).jpg
#1 5 years ago

I noticed the center target was replaced on my recently purchased Firepower with the ones on the side of the playfield. I think the one I need is part # A-8035. Seems to be hard to find on all my shopping spots. Thinking about just straightening out the bent part up like the others. Any ideas?

target1 (resized).jpgtarget1 (resized).jpg
#2 5 years ago

Pretty sure the bent one is the original style and that your others have been replaced with a newer style. (If you look at planetay pinball's site they have all the wms parts catalogs there with drawings and you can see what was supposed to be in it)

You probably won't be successful unbending it anyway it will probably snap. The bend was likely WMS attempt to handle hard hits on the standup before foam became a thing.

#3 5 years ago
Quoted from slochar:

Pretty sure the bent one is the original style and that your others have been replaced with a newer style. (If you look at planetay pinball's site they have all the wms parts catalogs there with drawings and you can see what was supposed to be in it)
You probably won't be successful unbending it anyway it will probably snap. The bend was likely WMS attempt to handle hard hits on the standup before foam became a thing.

In all the FirePowers I have owned , never seen a bend like that.

#4 5 years ago
Quoted from iamdrunker:

I think the one I need is part # A-8035.

If I'm looking at the parts guide correctly, looks like it is A-9267.
http://www.planetarypinball.com/reference/partsmanuals/WMS_Parts_1980/files/mobile/index.html#135
You may need to buy a couple different switches and mix and match if you want it to be "factory" looking.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#5 5 years ago
Quoted from Atari_Daze:

If I'm looking at the parts guide correctly, looks like it is A-9267.
http://www.planetarypinball.com/reference/partsmanuals/WMS_Parts_1980/files/mobile/index.html#135
You may need to buy a couple different switches and mix and match if you want it to be "factory" looking.[quoted image]

Thanks Atari, Your right. I just found the part also. slochar sent me in the right direction. Now I will grab a beer and try to find one. Thanks everyone.

Mike.

#6 5 years ago

Check Pinball Resource. I need a replacement for a Bally game and Steve shows a bunch on his website.

#7 5 years ago
Quoted from Skidave:

Check Pinball Resource. I need a replacement for a Bally game and Steve shows a bunch on his website.

He sure does!. Thanks.

#8 5 years ago
Quoted from chad:

In all the FirePowers I have owned , never seen a bend like that.

In the 4 or 5 I've owned it's always been a mix of targets, although it was more common for the 3 power targets to be the bent style. I've never seen a firepower that had the original stickers on them either when I first saw the stickers 10-15 years ago on a site I thought they were some kind of bad-looking aftermarket mod.

The targets with the bend in them are terrible anyway, they used a very lightweight blade vs. the others. Maybe they were using up leftover EM style parts way back when the game was on the line. I don't remember well enough when firepower was new in the local arcade what style targets it had since that wasn't what I cared about then.... then it was 'what game can I play and win credits on all day with this buck I have?' (And sell to the next kid....)

#9 5 years ago

Don't forget the z brick nottom of the cabinets.

#10 5 years ago

The bent one is correct. You can't buy a exact Williams replacement BUT you can get one that is EXACTLY perfect if you take apart and rearrange the switch stack. My targets were so messed up I replaced every single one but most people won't want to drop $100 just to replace targets. I have a bunch of take offs out of my firepower pile if you want a straight piece. I can get the new part number if you want to go that direction. Marco has them $9.

IMG_4782 (resized).JPGIMG_4782 (resized).JPG
#11 5 years ago
Quoted from Travish:

The bent one is correct. You can't buy a exact Williams replacement BUT you can get one that is EXACTLY perfect if you take apart and rearrange the switch stack. My targets were so messed up I replaced every single one but most people won't want to drop $100 just to replace targets. I have a bunch of take offs out of my firepower pile if you want a straight piece. I can get the new part number if you want to go that direction. Marco has them $9.
[quoted image]

It seems like to me that targets 1-6 should be straight backing blades so you don't beat the hell out of them when the ball is hammering them. I've of course looked around photos of Fireball and most of the time there straight bladed targets with a bent one installed hear and there like it was a replacement. But again, I really don't know. Is the color of all my targets correct?

playfield (resized).jpgplayfield (resized).jpg
#12 5 years ago

Just likely to add to the confusion, but here goes. I have a Firepower that I think is all original - I bought the machine at an auction that Gene had to get funding for Illinois Pinball. (Many years ago). It's in great shape, and I have not done anything to it other than remote mount the batteries. The backing plates on 1,2,4,5,6 have the 90 degree bend at the top, and 3 has a straight backing plate.

I suspect they were using what they had laying around, nothing more.

#13 5 years ago
Quoted from iamdrunker:

It seems like to me that targets 1-6 should be straight backing blades so you don't beat the hell out of them when the ball is hammering them. I've of course looked around photos of Fireball and most of the time there straight bladed targets with a bent one installed hear and there like it was a replacement. But again, I really don't know. Is the color of all my targets correct? [quoted image]

The target colors are correct. "Flashinstinct" here was making these target stickers. You might want to send a pm and see if he still has a set.

IMG_4783 (resized).JPGIMG_4783 (resized).JPG

Forgot to add.. sometimes those straight target backing plates will scratch up the bottom side of your plastics.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Casper, WY
$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

2,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hawesville, KY
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Washington Court House, OH
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

1,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Benton, PA
$ 11.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 42.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/firepower-target and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.