(Topic ID: 234552)

Firepower System 6, no sound = bad transformer?

By lpnsocal

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by pindel
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

asieg (resized).jpg
    afpk (resized).jpg
    243B06BD-22CC-4645-9981-A383F8AA0D72 (resized).jpeg
    fp sound b2 (resized).jpg
    fp sound b installed (resized).jpg
    fp sb rear (resized).jpg
    front transformer (resized).jpg
    rear transformer (resized).jpg
    Power Wiring Diagram.pdf (PDF preview)
    FP Sound B.pdf (PDF preview)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pindel.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#16 5 years ago

You need to swap the two plugs: sound volume and black wires(speaker). Your picture shows them reversed.

243B06BD-22CC-4645-9981-A383F8AA0D72 (resized).jpeg243B06BD-22CC-4645-9981-A383F8AA0D72 (resized).jpeg

afpk (resized).jpgafpk (resized).jpg

#18 5 years ago

Great to hear! I can honestly say i couldn't hold a candle to most of the help here. I bought a storage unit years ago including tons of system 3-7 mpu and sound boards. Since I had zero electronics knowledge they sat for years. When I needed system 6 and 7 boards I dug them out. The cool thing was since I had so many, I was able to do the swap everything out (roms, chips, transistors) trick until something worked. Slowly, I mean slowly, It started to click. I bought some of siegecraft electronics(Hans is the man!) tester stuff, desoldering iron, and finally a probe. I managed to repair almost all the boards that looked totally nasty. I learned a ton and have not found a firepower I couldn't fix. I can basically walk the most clueless person through a repair over the phone. I actually enjoy board problem solving now but can only take it in doses. Glad your good to go!

asieg (resized).jpgasieg (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pindel.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/firepower-system-6-no-sound-bad-transformer?tu=pindel and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.