Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image (resized).jpg
IMG_0804 (resized).JPG
image (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0378 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider raysco.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 6 years ago

How good is the 40 pin interconnect between the CPU and Driver board?
many weird issues are caused by this, particularly if you find nothing obvious with the other suggestions.

#8 6 years ago

That will be a resistor and a capacitor. I dont actually have a system 6 so not sure what values they are supposed to be,also not sure if my Flash even has them. They have either broken off or been removed possibly because one or both is faulty.
The answer should be to fit new ones but check what values they are supposed to be. Best to compare to the other sling or the manual

#16 6 years ago

According to the manual there are a whole pile of switches that score 1000 including the 1-6 targets and all the rollovers. I would suspect one of these is very sensitive and the knock of the ball kick out may be enough to make it connect.
Also remember, always use a ball to activate the switches, not your finger.

#18 6 years ago

I hope you get it resolved, It would be ideal if you had another system 6 board to put in. Firepower happens to be one of the oddities that is not interchangeable with much else.
If there are still Scanbe sockets then I would replace them, Vids bulletproofing guide is great.
Ensuring all connectors and IC sockets are good is a 'must do' on these boards. I had a poor connection on my Flash and every single coil locked on until the sleeves melted and it was billowing smoke, without blowing any fuses
Leon's, or Marcos test roms are really good if you have a logic probe and a PC power supply then you can pretty much test your board on the bench to check all the PIA outputs at least.
If you have someone looking at it please post with an update as I'm sure it will help someone else.
Good Luck.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
1,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Benton, PA
Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 42.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Casper, WY
2,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hawesville, KY
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 11.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Washington Court House, OH
$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider raysco.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/firepower-strange-issues?tu=raysco and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.