Thanks in advance for your help. I played a game of Firepower a few days back (no issues) and today when I went to start up I got GI and that was it. I tried a few of the guides online and removed/reconnected the power lines to the MPU board and executed a sound test.
Here is what is happening:
1. Sound board works when manual test is applied to the board, now when I start up I get the end of game noises.
2. MPU board LED's both light, blink and then light again.
3. I manually ejected all 3 balls and shot them down the playfield, all are stuck as the kicker isn't kicking.
4. Coin door is currently useless, buttons do nothing.
5. I noticed that a small dot appears on the displays (I think all of them?) at start up, but they are blank.
What steps can I do next to try and diagnose the situation? I am an EM guy with a couple of SS's, so my skills in this area are very weak. I'm open to doing anything that's safe and won't harm me or the machine