1 year ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Speech (resized).png
#1 1 year ago

Hello All and Happy Holidays! Working on my buddy's Firepower and the speech is very low, you can hear it but it's tough. I did the normal troubleshooting to no avail. Kinda looks like I need a logic probe to troubleshoot further or if we know what components to change out I would certainly do that.
Any thoughts?
Mike.

Speech (resized).pngSpeech (resized).png

#2 1 year ago

Since you have speech, even if it is low, the logic circuits are OK and the problem is in the analog parts.

There is a sound/speech balance pot on the speech ROM board and it could be dirty. Try rotating it from end to end a few times, that might fix the problem. If it doesn't, opamp IC3 (LM1458 or TL072) is the most likely fault.

#3 1 year ago

Ordered, Thank you.

#4 1 year ago

Hope that will fix it!

#5 1 year ago

No worries, Just added it on top of a $300.00 order so no big deal. I will let you know how it goes.

3 weeks later
#6 1 year ago

Fixed! Thank you.

#7 1 year ago

Well, an issue started today. During speech test it all works fine, just like my other Firepower, but when playing a game, hitting every target, rollover, bumper and such I get "YOU ONE ONE MISSION" with the normal background sound playing normally. (I think its normal. somtimes seems to be a little different.) but generally all the speech you here is "YOU ONE ONE MISSION" when you're done with the last ball it recognizes the game is over, goes to normal attract mode but continues with the game in-play background sound.

#8 1 year ago

On the sound board, there is an IC that fields the sound signals from the driver board. That chip would be my first suspect.

Chris Hibler - CARGPB #31
Http://chrishiblerpinball.com/contact
Thank you for checking out the PinWiki - http://www.PinWiki.com/

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Washington Court House, OH
1,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Benton, PA
$ 11.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

2,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Branford, CT
$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 129.00
Cabinet Parts
Bob's Pinball Stuff

$ 42.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Casper, WY
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/firepower-speech-very-low and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.