(Topic ID: 9146)

Firepower slingshot not working (anymore)

By barrybuise

12 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider barrybuise.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 12 years ago

Hi,

After I recently got a working but beat-up Firepower as my first pinball machine, I began shopping it.
While cleaning and polishing the partially stripped playfield I accidentally bent a lot of leaf switches.
When I powered up the game later, I was playing my first or second credit and started to smell something burning. The coil of the left slingshot was smoking and clearly burning through.
Powered of the machine. Then I read somewhere that those coils can burn through because of a switch that is in closed position for a long time. If that can happen, maybe it happened because the switched are crooked, one looked closed indeed.

Luckily I have a spare playfield, so I began exchanging the crooked leaf switches with the good ones from the extra playfield and replaced the slingshot assembly (including coil). Resoldered all the wires.
But the new slingshot still does nothing

What are the odds that I replaced the slingshot with a broken one, or am I missing something?
Could it be a circuit breaker or something? Everything else works, I can play but left slingshot is dead.

Is there someone who can help me maybe?

#5 12 years ago

Thanks for the replies guys! Good info. I will inspect the board and coil tomorrow with a multimeter
Very much appreciated!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

1,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Benton, PA
$ 42.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 129.00
Cabinet Parts
Bob's Pinball Stuff

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Washington Court House, OH
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

2,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Branford, CT
$ 11.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

2,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hawesville, KY
Tools
Pincoder Store

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider barrybuise.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/firepower-slingshot-not-working-anymore?tu=barrybuise and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.