(Topic ID: 175194)

Firepower. Right flipper not advancing rollovers.

By Arcade

7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Yetti
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

Strange issue just started with my Firepower. The right flipper now only advances the upper FIRE rollover lights every so often.
Sometimes I can hit the button 5 or 6 times before it will advance a light.
I thought for sure that the flipper button switch would have two contacts on it. One for the flipper and one for the lane advance. But that does not appear to be the case. I cleaned the contact anyway to see if it would help but it did not.
The right flipper however works just fine.
What should I look at to fix this?

#2 7 years ago

Hi, The contact for the right lane change is added to the EOS switch bank at the actual right hand flipper assembly - so you were right to be looking for extra contacts - just not quite in the right spot Hope this helps.

#3 7 years ago
Quoted from Yetti:

Hi, The contact for the right lane change is added to the EOS switch bank at the actual right hand flipper assembly - so you were right to be looking for extra contacts - just not quite in the right spot Hope this helps.

Thanks. Makes sense.
I will check it out this afternoon

#4 7 years ago

Had a doctors appointment that ended early so I stopped by the house and cleaned the eos contacts and made sure they were making good contact when the coil activates. (The one that activates the lane change not the real eos)
But true to pinball form when I lowered the playfield and tried to play a game the right flipper was dead as can be.
I rechecked all the wiring to the coil and it looks great.
Did not have time to check fuses yet so hopefully it is just a fuse.
Quite the coincidence that it was working great yesterday.
The pinball gods love to toy with me. Lol

#5 7 years ago

If you inadvertently left the first switch to be activated, the EOS, open it will do that.

#6 7 years ago
Quoted from cody_chunn:

If you inadvertently left the first switch to be activated, the EOS, open it will do that.

Thanks. I will check, as anything is possible.
It sure looked closed tight when I was done though.
Always hate it when I'm stuck at work thinking about a pinball issue I need to deal with.

#7 7 years ago

The lane change problem turned out to be a loose diode. Solder broke loose but the leg was so close to the lug it was almost impossible to see.

#8 7 years ago

Great to see you have it fixed I love my firepower

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Tools
Pincoder Store
Tools
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 150.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop
Displays
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball
Led
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
Playfields
Troxel Repair
Playfields
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball
Other

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/firepower-right-flipper-not-advancing-rollovers and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.