(Topic ID: 151401)

Firepower Restoration (it has begun, back in action)

By beatmaster

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 498 posts
  • 51 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by beatmaster
  • Topic is favorited by 68 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

red shooter rod (resized).jpg
IMG_20210304_1117455 (resized).jpg
IMG_20210304_1116166 (resized).jpg
IMG_20210304_1115514 (resized).jpg
IMG_20210304_1114377 (resized).jpg
IMG_20210304_1115218 (resized).jpg
new backglass wires (resized).jpg
new backglass wires2 (resized).jpg
new backglass installed (resized).jpg
new vs old back (resized).jpg
new vs old front (resized).jpg
operator buttons (resized).jpg
left coin chute switch (resized).jpg
it's alive lights on2 (resized).jpg
it's alive lights on  (resized).jpg
it's alive lights off (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Robotworkshop.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#150 6 years ago

I think you're doing a fantastic job on this restoration and I enjoy seeing your progress. Can't wait to see the finished machine.

Do you happen to know of any place that sells that small door for coin return? I have a Blackout and I think it may supposed to have a door like that on it.

#156 6 years ago

Looks fantastic. I just ordered one of these and installed it on my Blackout.

ebay.com link: Williams System 3 4 6 Coin Door DIAGNOSTIC Switch Decal

I posted pictures on the Blackout club/owners thread.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/blackout-club-fans-welcome/page/5

I had to trim the outer holes with a fresh exactly after installing but it turned out great.

#167 6 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

cheers beatmaster, la_porta I redesigned those a few years ago as a few local pinhead mates needed them for a few restores and was given one to copy.

Are they just like what is shown on shapeways?

It looks like the part is missing the tab in the center that presses on the switch to give credits. The part shown would work as a cover to protect the switch but that is all it would do. Was the example part used ok or maybe it was cut off?

#174 6 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

I replicated off an original cover - check out the other pictures on shapeways as it has sections cut out on the other side for switches

I see all the cutouts but what I don't see in any of the pictures is the tab inside that actuates the switch. I've attached a picture of a good one (on the right) from my Blackout and one on the right someone sent me but has the tab broken so it can't activate the switch to give credits. I don't see that tab and if it isn't there then it won't be able to add credits. Are there other pictures on shapeways with the tab that I'm not seeing?

IMG_0800 (resized).JPGIMG_0800 (resized).JPG

#177 6 years ago

It work be good to have both versions available. I'll see if I can get accurate measurements of that tab so you can add that version too.

#195 6 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

don't know if it's tomorrow but surely in the next few days and won't be easy.
this is got to be one of the worst lockdown bar receiver i'll be working on, won't be perfect for sure.

Can you find someone in the area with a bead/media blaster? That part may be best if you can get the rust off that way.

#234 6 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

lockdown bar = done (about 4 hours from start to finish).

Amazing job! That is going to be one fine machine when you're done.

How is your boardset? Have you gone through those yet? It would be good to do all the bulletproofing to them and the updates. Also adding the two extra fuses at the inputs to the bridges. I had to make a tool to fix all the .156" connectors on mine except for the 40 pin which was all replaced.

#239 6 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

thanks,
well the game was working fine except one switch, i'll know near the end of the restoration. yeah i heard about the 2 extra fuses, gonna have to look into that.

Attached is a picture of how I mounted them in my Blackout. It should be similar to your Firepower. I centered them with the bolt for the backbox. It is an easy update. Just add the two fuse holders (with labels) and make a couple jumper wires to go back to the bridges. The one wire you pull off each bridge should reach those fuse holders without extending them.

FuseUpgrade (resized).jpgFuseUpgrade (resized).jpg

3 weeks later
#284 6 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

sticker for the speaker, first or second?

Isn't the Speaker supposed to be a 4 ohm speaker?

3 weeks later
#330 6 years ago

The only thing that surprises me is that you haven't already polished the line filter to a mirror finish and added cool sticker with replacement writing.

That is going to be one awesome machine!

8 months later
#368 5 years ago

When are we going to see this awesome machine finished? It looks fantastic so far!

2 years later
#473 3 years ago
Quoted from monkfe:

Yeah they weren't sold out...they had to pull them ..got a call from CPR a few days later advising me of the issue with Rick from Planetary. And now that the Planetary one sucks ....this really sucks...

So the only one available now is that other version that isn't as good? Hope they can work it out and find a way to make the good versions available.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Washington Court House, OH
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

2,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Branford, CT
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 129.00
Cabinet Parts
Bob's Pinball Stuff

$ 42.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

2,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hawesville, KY
1,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Benton, PA
$ 11.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Robotworkshop.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/firepower-restoration-it-has-begun?tu=Robotworkshop and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.