(Topic ID: 151401)

Firepower Restoration (it has begun, back in action)

By beatmaster

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 498 posts
  • 51 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by beatmaster
  • Topic is favorited by 68 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

red shooter rod (resized).jpg
IMG_20210304_1117455 (resized).jpg
IMG_20210304_1116166 (resized).jpg
IMG_20210304_1115514 (resized).jpg
IMG_20210304_1114377 (resized).jpg
IMG_20210304_1115218 (resized).jpg
new backglass wires (resized).jpg
new backglass wires2 (resized).jpg
new backglass installed (resized).jpg
new vs old back (resized).jpg
new vs old front (resized).jpg
operator buttons (resized).jpg
left coin chute switch (resized).jpg
it's alive lights on2 (resized).jpg
it's alive lights on  (resized).jpg
it's alive lights off (resized).jpg
There are 498 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 10.
1 month later
#352 5 years ago

Anything new going on with this?

#353 5 years ago

man i wish i could give you guys some update.
i have to wait. i have no power on the airbrush.

#354 5 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

i have no power on the airbrush.

Maybe if ya plug it in it will have power. hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

2 weeks later
#357 5 years ago

Looks amazing! Can't wait to see it finished.

#358 5 years ago
Quoted from tominator:

Looks amazing! Can't wait to see it finished.

so do i!

4 months later
#359 5 years ago

a little update, seems like the airbrush is back in action.

front cabinet artwork is 99% done and man it does look good.

Front progress oct. 2018 (resized).jpgFront progress oct. 2018 (resized).jpg
#360 5 years ago

...and backbox, right side.

Backbox right progress oct. 2018 (resized).jpgBackbox right progress oct. 2018 (resized).jpg
#362 5 years ago

Just caught this thread now. Looks great! Following along.

1 month later
#364 5 years ago

a little update.

additional stuff on the right side of the backbox and the left side of the cabinet, for now.

Backbox right side (nov. 2018) (resized).jpgBackbox right side (nov. 2018) (resized).jpgCabinet left side (nov. 2018) (resized).jpgCabinet left side (nov. 2018) (resized).jpg
#365 5 years ago

So glad to see this back in the feed

1 week later
#367 5 years ago

another update.

additional ship in the center shooting at the planet on each side of the cabinet.

bob.

cabinet left side (dec. 2018) (resized).jpgcabinet left side (dec. 2018) (resized).jpgcabinet right side (dec. 2018) (resized).jpgcabinet right side (dec. 2018) (resized).jpg
#368 5 years ago

When are we going to see this awesome machine finished? It looks fantastic so far!

#369 5 years ago

It keeps getting better and better Bob. Gonna be a show winner if you take it to a show.

#370 5 years ago
Quoted from Robotworkshop:

When are we going to see this awesome machine finished? It looks fantastic so far!

as long as he's not done, i can't move forward, a few things but not much.

#371 5 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

It keeps getting better and better Bob. Gonna be a show winner if you take it to a show.

yeah but shows around here are not that great. imagine my space shuttle and firepower side by side.

#372 5 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

yeah but shows around here are not that great. imagine my space shuttle and firepower side by side.

I'd buy a ticket to that show!

#373 5 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

Well you are kind of out in the boonies. Oh yeah I could look at those two all day they are that beautiful.

1 month later
#374 5 years ago

That’s craziness! I’d clearcoat that thing like no one’s business to protect it.

#375 5 years ago
Quoted from La_Porta:

That’s craziness! I’d clearcoat that thing like no one’s business to protect it.

he sure will.

i just hope he's done soon, been waiting for this for a long time.

1 week later
#376 5 years ago

latest new, i should have the cabinet and backbox in my basement early next month.

#377 5 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

latest new, i should have the cabinet and backbox in my basement early next month.

Great, then you clear it right. Pictures before and after you clear it.

#378 5 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Great, then you clear it right. Pictures before and after you clear it.

i'm not the one who's gonna clear it, he will. if i don't like it, i will re clear everything, but i think it's gonna be fine.

#379 5 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

i'm not the one who's gonna clear it, he will. if i don't like it, i will re clear everything, but i think it's gonna be fine.

I see.

1 week later
#380 5 years ago

a little update, almost done.

first coat on clear on the front.
more stuff added on the backbox.
Stars done on each side of the cabinet.

almost done, a few touch up and clear.

can't wait!!!

Front cleared (jan 2019) (resized).jpgFront cleared (jan 2019) (resized).jpgStars added (right side) jan. 2019 (resized).jpgStars added (right side) jan. 2019 (resized).jpgmore on the backbox (left side) jan 2019 (resized).jpgmore on the backbox (left side) jan 2019 (resized).jpg
#381 5 years ago

Sooooo close. You got your shooter housing light up made yet?

#382 5 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Sooooo close. You got your shooter housing light up made yet?

what color, red, yellow/amber? not sure yet depending on what i'll do.

got a few ideas. not sure what i'm going to do with the trims, leave it like that, chrome, red chrome, black. gotta match the door, i wish i could find a new skin for the door, it just doesn't exist.
i'm also thinking mirror blade, i probably can make those myself.

a shooter rod, but with...... with.....
something to go on the pf.
a lot of ideas for this game, let's see if i can make some of them.

1 week later
#383 5 years ago

first coat of clear (that's the only picture i got).
i can tell the colors are more rich.

it's getting closer.

3 fev. 2019 (first clear coat) (resized).jpg3 fev. 2019 (first clear coat) (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#384 5 years ago

second coat of clear.

from what i've been told, sanding and another final coat this week, i should have the cabinet and backbox this weekend or a week.

Backbox second coat of clear (resized).jpgBackbox second coat of clear (resized).jpgCabinet second coat of clear (resized).jpgCabinet second coat of clear (resized).jpg
#385 5 years ago

Dangggg!!! Looks nice

#386 5 years ago

WOW Bob, can't wait to see it buffed out.

#387 5 years ago

she's baaaaack!

Damn it looks cool.
I have a lot of cleaning to do. glue from the tapes, 2 years ago, my best friend right now is goo gone.

i might do some sanding and buffing but i will let it cure for a few weeks, meanwhile i will start to work on the inside.

Now i'm wondering, even if the door and door frame is chrome, maybe glossy black side rails and legs and lock down bar. i don't want to buff the side rails.
will it look weird? or i go full chrome, or even black chrome but pretty expensive.

cabinet left side (23:02:19) (resized).JPGcabinet left side (23:02:19) (resized).JPGcabinet right side (23:02:19) (resized).JPGcabinet right side (23:02:19) (resized).JPG
#388 5 years ago

Well that looks gorgeous!! Wow. Not sure what to say about the hardware, beautiful polished chrome seems right to me. Mock it up with a graphics program first maybe.

#389 5 years ago

Glossy black serais beau mais cette exceptionnelle Fipower mérite encore mieux, black Chrome all the way!

#390 5 years ago
Quoted from HPR:

Glossy black serais beau mais cette exceptionnelle Fipower mérite encore mieux, black Chrome all the way!

lolll, pas donner! le problème, la porte, pas asser belle pour la faire chromer en noir. juste les side rails et lock down bar $500 + usd.

the door and side rails alone is $500+ usd, in black chrome. what would be nice is to find a real nice door.

i have black legs here, i might put it on just to see.

#391 5 years ago

Looks killer Bob. Since the sides and front are beautiful black I think it would be a shame to put chrome on it, chrome would detract from the blackness of space depicted on the artwork so I'd go black chrome on all the metal. It's only money. Or go gloss black powder coating and save some money. Red lit flipper buttons, shooter rod housing and angel eye start button.

#392 5 years ago

I have black legs on mine. I think it looks good but I'm biased. (Sorry about the crap around it!)

fpbl1 (resized).jpgfpbl1 (resized).jpg

If you are going with a chrome lock down bar and coin door, I would go with chrome rails as well.

#393 5 years ago

couldn't help myself

door installed (resized).JPGdoor installed (resized).JPG
#394 5 years ago
Quoted from dzorbas:

I have black legs on mine. I think it looks good but I'm biased. (Sorry about the crap around it!)
[quoted image]
If you are going with a chrome lock down bar and coin door, I would go with chrome rails as well.

I like the black, it fits the black space scene in the art.

#395 5 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

couldn't help myself
[quoted image]

That looks great, now black legs, lb and rails.

#396 5 years ago

new leg brackets inside the cab.
new leg/cabinet protectors.
new chrome shooter housing with new plate inside the cab.

cabinet protector (resized).JPGcabinet protector (resized).JPGleg brackets (resized).JPGleg brackets (resized).JPG
#397 5 years ago

so i made a test with black legs in the front with chrome bolts. i may try black leg bolt but chrome match the door well.
got the old chrome legs in the back.

yup, definitely black legs.

black legs (resized).JPGblack legs (resized).JPGblack legs vs chrome (resized).JPGblack legs vs chrome (resized).JPG
#398 5 years ago

Lookin great. Now black rails and black ldb.

#399 5 years ago

Looks great man!

#400 5 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

Now i'm wondering, even if the door and door frame is chrome, maybe glossy black side rails and legs and lock down bar. i don't want to buff the side rails.
will it look weird? or i go full chrome, or even black chrome but pretty expensive.[quoted image][quoted image]

I went all black with my Firepower restore

Fp-1 (resized).jpgFp-1 (resized).jpgFp-2 (resized).jpgFp-2 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Washington Court House, OH
$ 129.00
Cabinet Parts
Bob's Pinball Stuff

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 42.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Casper, WY
1,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Benton, PA
2,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hawesville, KY
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 498 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 10.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/firepower-restoration-it-has-begun/page/8 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.