9 years ago

Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by hawkeye11
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 9 years ago

Hi all....... New to the pinside comm. and been a pin tinkerer for about year and rebuilding this FP.

I have one problem left: when I engage the right and left flipper in quick succession it just quits playing and all the lights flash and I have to reset.
    Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

#2 9 years ago

It sounds like your voltages are on the low end of what's needed. It seems like you have enough for the machine to boot, but if it drops off for some reason (like engaging both flippers) the machine will reset. This could be a result of weak connectors...

#3 9 years ago

I would replace the 40 pin connector and rebuild or get a new power supply. This should be done on all games of this era. I'm pretty certain thats your problem.

#4 9 years ago

A lot of info can be found here.
    http://pinball.flippers.info/system6repairpart3.asp

the interboard connector has nothing to do with this.

replace this things first.
    The 12,000uf filter capacitor for the logic power supply and The rectifier diodes for the logic power supply.

#5 9 years ago

That is a good site Superben.

#6 9 years ago

I didn't phrase my last response very well. Since your not blowing fuses, the power supply is most likely your problem. Still, replace your connector on these games, will save you lots of trouble down the road.

#7 9 years ago

i am having the same problem with my playboy. i decided to restore and then take care of the problem however i did try replacing the capacitor and it made my problem worse. it would turn on far enough for the lights to turn on but that was it. i will be interested to know what you do and goodluck.

#8 9 years ago

Thanks guys...... I just seems like after I fix one problem, it leads to another. Would it be the filter capacitor for the +28vdc solenoid and flipper power supplies?

What connecter should I replace?

Are replacement power boards (good ones) available? I have the rottendog combo board in already.

#9 9 years ago

Honestly, I think you're chasing symptoms without a diagnosis. The flippers are on a totally separate circuit from the 5v, so there are a lot of places the problem could be hiding.

I'd get in there first and start testing, look for where your voltages are insufficient and dragging down the rest of the circuits. Check the +5v circuit both on the power supply and the CPU board test points. Test the flipper voltage too. Heck, also check the voltage at your wall socket, and again at the power switch in the cabinet (looking for a drop maybe at the varistor or line filter).

Any chance it may be a re-import, that was wired for a slightly lower voltage?

-Hans

#10 9 years ago

Thanks, looks like that will be my saturday project with the meter. It just started doing this, just before the new board went in I could activate the flippers all day...

back to work I guess

#11 9 years ago

Haven't worked with the rottendog boards yet, so not sure if they may be more sensitive to power supply fluctuations. Those LM323 regulators have a pretty wide tolerance, could be that it's not enough 5v getting in there.

-Hans

#12 9 years ago

Many thanks guys........ It was the rectifier (it was good) but the spade clip was loose. I went ahead and replaced them all.

Finally the machine is 100%..... Thanks to the support of you all I gained some more knowledge and restored my first pinball machine.

Thanks

#13 9 years ago

Congrats on your first restore.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 5,999.99
    Pinball Machine
    Pinball Pro
    $ 109.00
    Playfield - Plastics
    Starcade Amusement
    $ 5,999.00
    Pinball Machine
    The Pinball Place
    $ 109.00
    $ 159.00
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 5,999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 119.95
    Boards
    Allteksystems
    $ 28.75
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 9,999.99
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 9.99
    Various Other Swag
    Circus Maximus
    $ 125.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 219.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Medisinyl Mods
    Playfield - Plastics
    Pinball Mod Co.
    $ 19.00
    $ 25.00
    Various Other Swag
    JK Pinball
    $ 21.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 10.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    $ 89.99
    Cabinet - Other
    UpKick Pinball
    $ 14.95
    Cabinet Parts
    PinBoltCaps
    $ 27.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 6,999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    £ 34.00
    Lighting - Led
    PinballToys
    Lighting - Interactive
    Hookedonpinball.com
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    UpKick Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside