So I'm stumped on this one. I just picked up a firepower and the thing plays fine except I'm getting some phantom switch hits.
When I hit the 1-6 targets I end up getting a ton of points. It just keeps counting up both hundreds and 10's for a little bit then will stop. The odd thing is when I go into switch test and manually activate every switch on the game they all work perfectly. No phantom hits show up.
Here is what I've done so far.
1. I recapped the power supply. I was getting decent voltages but figured I might as well replace the original caps.
2. Swapped the MPU with a rottendog board since I had one laying around just to rule out a board issue which didn't help.
3. Examined every switch on the game to make sure none had a really close gap and were just vibrating closed due to game play
4. looking at the wiring for each switch to identify any abnormalities.
5. Tested the flipper diodes to make sure they were good.
Any help would be appreciated.