Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Diller
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

Hey Guys,working on a Firepower,installed a brand new power supply board and brand new Rottendog MPU327 board.Installed the boards and everything in the test went as it should according to the instructions.Got the machine to boot,credits register,displays work,lamps work,flippers work,but no sound,slingshots or bumpers are working.Balls will not kick out of any hold holes or into the launch area either.It is going into game mode as the score registers when the targets are pressed.Any ideas?Thanks very much,
Mike

#2 9 years ago

Drop Jim an email. I had trouble with one of his power supplies and he spent lots of time helping me troubleshoot a few issues.

#3 9 years ago

Thanks,spoke with Jim and made sure the setting were all ok.Found a fault in the new power board,was not getting any volts out of two of the 4 pins on the solenoid / flipper connector.Installed a known working factory board and got the voltage.Plugged it in and now it gets strange-all the pop bumpers and slingshots want to all fire at once (all at the same time and stay on) as soon as the game mode starts.Then of course it pops the fuse.I guess I should be happy I got them all working,just wish they weren't all working at the same time! lol
What the heck?Anyone?Thanks very much,
Mike

#4 9 years ago

yw,

it's a start.....

#5 9 years ago

yw? Yellow Wire?

#6 9 years ago

yw You're Welcome

#7 9 years ago

Maybe the board is defective. Send it back.

1 week later
#8 9 years ago

Did this get fixed?

#9 9 years ago

Hi,sent the board out to rottendog last week,still waiting to hear from Jim.

#10 9 years ago

Okay,got the board all taken care of-machine plays fine,just no sound at all.Pulled the sound boards and couldn't see any solder cracks or anything-is there a way to test the sound board?Thanks Guys.

#11 9 years ago

Do you have 12V going to the sound board? I had a Rottendog power supply that wasn't putting out 12V. What voltage are you getting at the regulated 12V test point?

3 weeks later
#12 9 years ago
Quoted from Greygoose:

Okay,got the board all taken care of-machine plays fine

And it's Problem was.??? Thanks Still Fighting mine with no luck...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 129.00
Cabinet Parts
Bob's Pinball Stuff

Tools
Pincoder Store

2,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hawesville, KY
$ 42.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Casper, WY
2,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Branford, CT
1,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Benton, PA
$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/firepower-problem-with-new-rottendog-board and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.