IMAG1052.jpg
IMAG1051.jpg
IMAG1048.jpg
IMAG1042.jpg
IMAG1044.jpg
IMAG1047.jpg
IMAG1028.jpg
IMAG1024.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dtown.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#21 10 years ago

I bought a non working Firepower at last years Allentown Show for $550. Boards were untouched with no acid damage but I did replace several caps, 5101 RAM, couple PIA's and added the bridge protection mod and a remote battery holder. Lamp resistors (the red ones) were actually still red which is rare since they usually turn black from heat. Backglass was average with some flaking but has been since sealed to prevent further. Playfield was in good shape considering how much these got played but I did have to do some touch up in front of the slings. Two boken plastics but had both pieces so I could glue them back together. Game did not come with legs so I had to buy a set. Someone had cut the speaker hole out larger to accommodate a bigger speaker so I had a new speaker mount cut to fit a Pinball Pro. Cointaker LED's installed along with some post mounted flashers. New flipper bats, sleeves and some other random things. I have photos on my profile page. All in all, I have about a thousand invested in it which, I don't think, I could sell it for. So...I'll be keeping it for a while which is fine because I do really enjoy Firepower. However, the northeastern US can be pricey for pins. Pennsylvania sure is.

#23 10 years ago

Good video on post mounted flashers. I wired some red ones to the pops and slings to give the game a bit more of a light show. Reds look good on Firepower but I wish I would have just bought clear ones since they'd be brighter and the posts are already red.

#25 10 years ago
Quoted from 3rdaxis:

Oh ok, yea i have seen these on line before but never in person. What do you have them wired to? G.I. or the flasher circuit?

They're wired to the solenoids so they flash each time one is activated. I did wire some to the flashers at first but they don't go off enough in Firepower so I moved them to the bumper coils.

#27 10 years ago

Here's a link to the thread I started after installing them. I actually forgot that I had did one.

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cointaker-post-flashers-installed-on-firepower

I don't have any video of mine but BlackRose's shows what they can do pretty well. They add a bit of a light show in any place where there isn't any. Like I said before, though, I kinda wish I went with the clear just for increaed brightness.

3 months later
#49 9 years ago
Quoted from J_Cutler:

For the red post's to look good. You need to use the Bright White flashers. Good luck. I love the look it gives.

Agreed. I used red flashers and while they do look good, I wish I had gone with white. Much brighter.

1 week later
#61 9 years ago

Between the LED's and other parts I got around a $1,000.00 in mine. It's a nice example and the boards have been bulletproofed but I don't think I'd get that if I tried to sell it. So, I'll be holding onto it for a while.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
2,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Branford, CT
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Washington Court House, OH
$ 42.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 129.00
Cabinet Parts
Bob's Pinball Stuff

Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Casper, WY
2,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hawesville, KY
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dtown.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/firepower-price?tu=dtown and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.