IMAG1052.jpg
IMAG1051.jpg
IMAG1048.jpg
IMAG1042.jpg
IMAG1044.jpg
IMAG1047.jpg
IMAG1028.jpg
IMAG1024.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Floyd.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

I am looking at a "nice" Firepower but am unsure of the market right now. I've looked at a few For Sale threads and it looks like FP is going for $750 -to- $1,100. This game is right between those two figures. Does this seem about right?

Below is the shortcut to the pictures. I asked the seller to remove the glass so I could see the playing field more clearly. Hard to really tell the condition from the pictures. However, I'm looking forward to adding FP to my collection either now or in the future. In addition is their anything special to lookout for when buying a FP?

Thanks,
Jason

http://s998.photobucket.com/user/tlantz1/library/

#4 10 years ago

Not sure if this one is in excellent condition, but it looks in good condition. I think the seller is definitely in the ballpark for the condition. I plan to go check it out this weekend and if everything works out it'll be in the back of my truck!!

Thanks for the input!

#7 10 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

You need better pictures of the playfield, boards and backglass to know for sure. These games were played A LOT and many of them are rough.
Look for ball tracks through the black paint around the arch at the top pf the PF
Raised, lowered, loose inserts.
Wear to the wood around the inserts and slingshots.
Cupped inserts (so much that the trajectory of the ball is impacted or the ball can get stuck in the F I R E inserts at the top of the PF).
Faded color and cloudy inserts.
Battery damage (corrosion) on the CPU board.
Burned resistors on the driver board.
Wimpy flipper power.
Look at the backglass with the machine on and look for flakey and missing paint. Really easy to see this from the back of the backglass (original reproductions NOT available so don't expect to find this until CPR makes one)
Take the PF glass off and try all the switches to make sure they register, put balls in the locks to make sure the multiball works.
Common that the playfield plastics are warped but they all should be there along with pop bumper caps with Firepower written on them (used plastics come up for sale frequently so don't freak out about this)
If the machine works and has several of the defects above, you are at $500. If it doesn't work, less.
If the playfield is relatively level and not worn too badly (hard to find one without wear) - 750 - 1000

Thanks for the great info! I'm going to check it out this weekend!!

2 weeks later
#19 10 years ago

That is one nice looking Firepower!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Tools
Pincoder Store

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Casper, WY
$ 11.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

2,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hawesville, KY
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 42.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

1,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Benton, PA
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Washington Court House, OH
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Floyd.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/firepower-price?tu=Floyd and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.