Topic Stats

• 62 posts
  • 25 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by La_Porta
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 11 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMAG1049.jpg
IMAG1056.jpg
IMAG1053.jpg
IMAG1052.jpg
IMAG1051.jpg
IMAG1048.jpg
IMAG1042.jpg
IMAG1044.jpg
IMAG1047.jpg
IMAG1028.jpg
IMAG1024.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider 3rdaxis.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#11 5 years ago

Have a Firepower i may be selling soon. Not sure on price yet. Fully restored minus cabinet re-spray (i like it original)
Boards have been fully upgraded and bulletproofed. Playfield is in good condition and is tuned perfectly for playing. Fast, very fast, New bats, bushings, rubbers. Pop bumpers are super sensitive and lightning fast. Everything is adjusted perfectly. A must see in action, maybe i will post a video And its clean, spotless inside and out. I think i have some pics.

#12 5 years ago

IMAG1024.jpg

IMAG1028.jpg
#13 5 years ago

IMAG1047.jpg

IMAG1044.jpg IMAG1042.jpg IMAG1048.jpg IMAG1051.jpg IMAG1052.jpg IMAG1053.jpg
#14 5 years ago

IMAG1056.jpg

IMAG1049.jpg
#15 5 years ago

I used the dual, warm white frosted dome led's from Cointaker on the whole machine, really makes it look fantastic and it has no strobe effect. I am considering doing the drop-down target conversion or even installing the 3rd flipper as per the prototype. Not sure yet...

#17 5 years ago

Your right. I meant mpu and driver. I'll throw in a new set Its still a work in progress maybe 90% there. I want to do the 7 digit displays too but i'm not sure if they are available.

#22 5 years ago
Quoted from Fast-Ed:

How much are you going to ask? Ed

I have no idea, picked it up non-working for $500 which was a lot but i saw the potential. My first priority was to get it playing as crisp and tight as i could. BG does suck but i am always looking for another, maybe the Allentown show will have one So far i too am into her for around $1000. I'm trying Alphagrafics to make new target and spinner decals out of vinyl, not sure if it will be good . Going there today to see. Honestly i have no idea how much to ask for. Maybe i will bring it up there and sell it. I really enjoy playing it though, fun pin!

Quoted from dtown:

Cointaker LED's installed along with some post mounted flashers

What are these?

#24 5 years ago

Oh ok, yea i have seen these on line before but never in person. What do you have them wired to? G.I. or the flasher circuit?

#26 5 years ago

Wow that must look amazing. So how exactly did you wire it, One lead to each side of the coil itself? Dammit, now i have to get a set lol Have any video of it in action?

#28 5 years ago

Some would say the value of something depends on what someone is willing to pay for it. I mean its not like they are making these things anymore so if someone wants it bad enough and availability is slim he or she will pay any price. Supply and demand. Also, I don't think price would be that relative outside of this particular community or any like it. How much do you think it would sell for in Abu Dhabi in great condition, to put in one of their lavish Hotels, $15000-$18,000? And also what do you think you could get for it in say...Irac, 2 dollars? I also would think price is directly reflected from the buyer. If you are selling to a Pinsider who understands the machine and will most likely do his or her own maintenance then sure, i would sell competitively. But on the other hand, if i am selling a pin to someone who has never owned one and has no electro-mechanical abilities that will be calling me every time a light bulb burns out then yes, i would ask for more money. Quite a bit more.

#29 5 years ago

I see a lot of people on here that put 110 percent of themselves into these machines and really cherish them. They are a piece of American history for one and there is only a certain number of them left. I would compare it to a classic sports car or a 70's muscle car, i mean they sometimes sell for 20 times their original value no matter what condition. And these too are objects that people covet and put their hearts into and love. For example, I used to own a BSD and wished now i never sold it. I miss it so. If i had the money i would certainly pay $3500 or more to own it again. Mostly because i put so much of myself into this pinball machine. I gave little notice to the value of its combined parts. It was the object itself, never the cost...IMO

#30 5 years ago

Here is a quick video i made of her.

#33 5 years ago

Thanks.

2 months later
#39 5 years ago
Quoted from La_Porta:

That said, I have been emulating quite a few machines on the "The Pinball Arcade" app in the Mac App Store. Firepower is for sure the one that I have become entranced with!

Already done

#43 5 years ago

I second that, my Firepower is one of the fastest i've owned haha.

#46 5 years ago

Awesome! i just put those on my BSD. Love them

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 22.00
$ 17.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 399.95
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Siegecraft Electronics
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 14.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 14.99
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 15.00
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider 3rdaxis.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside