• Latest reply 5 years ago by StratDoc
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3882 (resized).JPG

#1 5 years ago

I have almost completed a PF swap on my Firepower. Everything is working as it should except for a few of the controlled lamps. The game worked perfectly prior to the swap so my first thought is that it must be a PF issue. Here is the problem.

The right outlane "S" stays lit during attract mode - doesn't flash.
Players 1 &3 - at the bottom right of the backbox - flash during attract mode. The others do not.
Player 4 lamp next to the score display flashes during attract mode. Other player lamps do not.

One other issue - the flipper fuse keeps blowing. I am guessing I have something wired incorrectly. I took lots of pics prior to the swap but cannot tell what is incorrect. Does someone have a pic of correctly wired flipper coils and switches?

All lamps flash appropriately during lamp diagnostics.

Thanks,

#2 5 years ago

My two cents after pf swap. Consider that nothing is related. Attack each problem on its own.

Mof

#3 5 years ago

No problem exists with the right outlane "S".
It does not flash in attract mode.

#4 5 years ago

Awesome. So the right outlane does not flash. My left outlane does flash - strange setup but that is good to know.

Now to the cabinet wiring issues. Odd since those should not have been affected by the swap at all. I will double check connectors, etc.

#5 5 years ago

Stumped. Went back and checked connectors and all are okay. It is column 8 in the lamp matrix that is the problem but not all lamps are out. For example as mentioned above , player 4 next to score display flashes during attract mode but not the other lamps. Tilt, high score all out. Player 1&3 bottoms of cabinet flash but not 2&4.

I can ground the lamp sockets and get each lamp to turn on individually. I checked diodes on the sockets and they all appear okay.

#6 5 years ago

Here is a picture of the backbox lights. I tried jumping from a known working lamp in the column connecting the column wire yellow/grey - player four - to the other non-working lamps yellow/grey connection and the non-working lamps did not light. They should light if it is a wiring problem somewhere. I also checked continuity from the connector on the board to all lamps in the column. Continuity checks out okay. The picture below snapped when player four was out - it flashes as it should.

Would welcome any suggestions.

IMG_3882 (resized).JPGIMG_3882 (resized).JPG

#7 5 years ago

Found the problem. I did a little more troubleshooting - pulled 2J5 connector and grounded each connector pin to see what lamps in each row lit. There were several anomalies - lamps lighting that shouldn't, etc. The common lamp across the anomalies was the "3 arrow". Sure enough the diode was missing. It must have come off during the swap. Added a diode and everything seems to be working as it should.

Game is absolutely beautiful with the new pf and LEDs.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Playfields
Troxel Repair
Playfields
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Washington Court House, OH
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball
Other
2,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Branford, CT
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 150.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop
Displays
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Boards
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/firepower-playfield-swap-one-set-of-lamps and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.