Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by StratDoc
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

I just received a very nice firepower playfield thanks to another pinsider. I am going to clean it up, and swap out my existing playfield which is worn to the wood in a lot of places. I am using a magic eraser and alcohol to clean the playfield and that is working well.

The bottom half of the playfield - basically starting just above the hotdog shaped inserts "fire" and "power" - has been covered in mylar. The mylar is also over the the original half moon mylar in front of the sling bumpers.

I have read different threads about using heat or freeze to remove. I have tried the heat method in the past with mixed results. I have noted several folks saying dry ice works well. It certainly is cheaper than freeze spray. Any thoughts on using dry ice?
Thanks

#2 7 years ago

http://www.dalco.com/p-2506-max-pro-freeze-spray-10-oz.aspx I just used this stuff on a pinbot full Mylar removal and it worked beautifully! Super easy as long as you take your time and be careful. The glue on the other hand is still hard to remove I rubbed my fingertips to blisters useing flour to remove.

#3 7 years ago

Also, your gonna need 2-3 cans... I burned through a whole cab before I got the technique worked out

#4 7 years ago

There are a couple of spots where the playfield is worn to bare wood. The wear is not too deep, but you can feel the unevenness when you fun you finger across the spots. What should I use to fill those areas before touch painting with acrylic/airbrush? Will plane wood filler work then lightly sanded or should I use something else?

Thanks - going to be a fun project. I will post pictures along the way.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 42.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Casper, WY
Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Washington Court House, OH
1,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Benton, PA
2,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hawesville, KY
$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/firepower-mylar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.