Firepower coin buttons (resized).JPG
Firepower slot bottom (resized).JPG
Firepower ID (resized).JPG
Firepower playfield bottom (resized).JPG
Firepower playfield middle (resized).JPG
Firepower slot top (resized).JPG
Firepower bank box (resized).JPG
Firepower front (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zamboni.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

My mother moved from my childhood home and I snagged the family Firepower. My younger brother moved out in 1988, so this machine has literally not been touched/used/maintained in 30 years. It turns on and lights up but I can't get it to work. From my extremely untrained eye it appears to be in very good condition. For the past couple days I've been lurking, searching and learning a lot from this great site... so thank you for providing this great resource. I'm trying to determine if I sell it or enjoy it and have a bunch of questions...

What do I look for to determine condition?
What are signs of "playfield wear"?
What does "flaking" mean?
I'm not very mechanical and honestly a little afraid of the electrocution thing... but are there some simple things I can try to get it working?
Is it possible to sell it "as is" or should I get it fixed first?
Can anyone recommend a good repair person in the Minneapolis area?
Your thoughts on value/price? (I'm only looking to get a fair price and not get "taken")

Thank you in advance for any info, advice and encouragement you can provide.

Firepower bank box (resized).JPGFirepower bank box (resized).JPGFirepower front (resized).JPGFirepower front (resized).JPGFirepower playfield top (resized).JPGFirepower playfield top (resized).JPG
#4 5 years ago

all the display appear to come on and all 3 balls are in the "holding bin". I'm not able to get credits... can I change it from coin play to free play? how do I add credits?

a couple more playfield pics (sorry about the sun glare/reflection)...

Firepower playfield bottom (resized).JPGFirepower playfield bottom (resized).JPGFirepower playfield middle (resized).JPGFirepower playfield middle (resized).JPGFirepower slot top (resized).JPGFirepower slot top (resized).JPG
#7 5 years ago

Thanks everyone for your help!

uh-oh...batteries have not been inspected or changed in 30+ years. Hopefully this hasn't caused too much damage. I will check tomorrow. How many batteries are there and where are they located?

#10 5 years ago

excellent info & advice...Thank you!

I will determine battery damage and take more pics tomorrow.

Here are a few more I took today...

Firepower ID (resized).JPGFirepower ID (resized).JPGFirepower L side (resized).JPGFirepower L side (resized).JPGFirepower R side (resized).JPGFirepower R side (resized).JPGFirepower coin buttons (resized).JPGFirepower coin buttons (resized).JPGFirepower slot bottom (resized).JPGFirepower slot bottom (resized).JPG
#12 5 years ago

Thanks Richard for you insights.

update:
good news...I found the batteries and luckily only the right one appeared to be leaking slightly. The other two were intact, which is surprising after sitting for 30 years. Attached is a picture that shows slight green/gray discoloration to the right battery terminal. Does this look bad? Also, the backglass looked nearly perfect to my beginner eyes... also pictures below.

bad news...I put new batteries in and put it back together and the machine will still not give me credits and allow me to play it. Any other easy/obvious things I should I try?

Thanks again for all your assistance. I'd still love more feedback on value and a possible asking price.

Firepower backglass 1 (resized).JPGFirepower backglass 1 (resized).JPGFirepower backglass 3 (resized).JPGFirepower backglass 3 (resized).JPGFirepower batteries (resized).JPGFirepower batteries (resized).JPG
#13 5 years ago

Also, I removed the glass and took a bunch of better (less glare) pictures of the playfield. Here's a few...

Firepower playfield L1 (resized).JPGFirepower playfield L1 (resized).JPGFirepower playfield L3 (resized).JPGFirepower playfield L3 (resized).JPGFirepower playfield L5 (resized).JPGFirepower playfield L5 (resized).JPG
#17 5 years ago

Thanks everyone for the fantastic info and insights.

Since I'm not sure how to price this thing, I think my best option might be an eBay auction and let the market determine the price (a worse condition, non-working Firepower sold for $1,205 a month ago on eBay). Or list it locally on Minneapolis Craigslist for $1700 and see if it generates any interest (shipping costs really limit your target market on these things!)

Thanks again Pinsiders... cool site with cool participants.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 42.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Boards
$ 150.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop
Displays
Tools
Pincoder Store
Tools
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Playfields
Troxel Repair
Playfields
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zamboni.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/firepower-looking-to-get-smarter-before-selling?tu=zamboni and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.