Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

75236DE4-66A3-408A-87BA-325A893307E4 (resized).jpeg
C59F230B-AACC-4BA3-AC67-67A495F74C3B (resized).jpeg
0603181231 (resized).jpg
0603181231a (resized).jpg
0603181231b (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Zami77.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

So I just recently moved (a whopping 5 miles) and now that I've set up my pin, some of the play field lights don't come on. It seems like they're all on one circuit, as the ascending numbers don't light up, the bumpers don't, out lanes etc... But some of the miscellaneous lights on the side do. To make sure the bulbs didn't break, I unplugged a bulb from a non working one and it lit up in a working one. Does anyone have any ideas? The game still plays and registers points and everything, I feel like there's a loose connection somewhere. Thanks in advance!

0603181231 (resized).jpg0603181231 (resized).jpg0603181231a (resized).jpg0603181231a (resized).jpg0603181231b (resized).jpg0603181231b (resized).jpg
#4 5 years ago
Quoted from chad:

Looks aa if all feature lamps out. Did you forget a connector? Or fuse bad on power supply.

I was checking all the connections for a while, I didn't see any dangling connections. How would I test a bad fuse on the power supply?

#5 5 years ago
Quoted from firefighter:

Check your bridge rectifiers as I had one that the wire spade burned off last night. Lucky that I had a spare inkochnito board and replaced them old rectifiers before something burnt up!

Sorry I have no idea what a bridge rectifier is haha! I'll do some research on it though.

#7 5 years ago
Quoted from firefighter:

The rectifiers are the small squares in the lower right hand corner. Also check out Vids guides to bulletproofing williams systems 3-7

Thanks, ill check that out ASAP. Just have had 12-14 hour work days bogging me down. Ill get back to you with what I find.

#8 5 years ago
Quoted from firefighter:

The rectifiers are the small squares in the lower right hand corner. Also check out Vids guides to bulletproofing williams systems 3-7

So I checked the rectifiers and the connections all look good, nothing was broken off or anything. I was trying to read the schematics and see which cables control certain playfield lights, but I guess due to lack of experience with schematics I can't seem to find it. I was unplugging some of the connections and saw certain bulbs go out, so I feel like it's a loose connection somewhere but I've legitimately spent an hour plus just looking and trying to find it. Does anyone else have any ideas? Appreciate all the help so far, just sad I haven't been able to have my pin functional!

https://www.ipdb.org/files/856/Williams_1980_Firepower_Schematics_paginated_from_manual_dated_March_1980.pdf

#10 5 years ago
Quoted from frunch:

Did you check them with a multimeter?
Also, are you sure you connected all the connectors between the cabinet and backbox?

I'll check with a multimeter when I get back from work today. Is there a certain voltage I should set it to or any special instructions? Never really used a multimeter before. I checked all the connections multiple times (probably an accumalative 2 hours) and I can't find anything loose or unplugged. I was trying to look through the schematics to see what cables control the bulbs as then I could just focus on those.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

2,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Branford, CT
Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 11.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 42.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 129.00
Cabinet Parts
Bob's Pinball Stuff

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Washington Court House, OH
2,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hawesville, KY
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

1,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Benton, PA
$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Zami77.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/firepower-lights-on-play-field-not-lighting-up?tu=Zami77 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.