You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

E3091A72-429C-4F96-A46F-9B152DFB639D (resized).png
C29D066E-1D1A-4AAB-AF2F-4835A7ED84D9 (resized).jpeg
A1D37D20-947E-4015-8778-5692DA1D1A17 (resized).jpeg

#1 5 years ago

I was wondering if someone could give me some direction as to where I should start if one segment (the number or balls next to the credits) isn’t lighting up? I haven’t run into this issue before, so I’m assuming it’s a board issue, but I just don’t know where to start on this one. Thanks in advance!

A1D37D20-947E-4015-8778-5692DA1D1A17 (resized).jpegA1D37D20-947E-4015-8778-5692DA1D1A17 (resized).jpeg

#2 5 years ago

Still not sure where to go from here. I think I’ll replace the strobe IC and see if the does anything. Any idea how to test the board segments outside the unit?

#3 5 years ago

I would reseat the connectors on the boards, especially from the backbox and check for any loose pins/wires, before doing anything more serious.

#4 5 years ago

I gotcha. I reseated the display board, but I haven’t pulled the main board yet. You’re probably right since it’s having other issues too. Thanks!

#5 5 years ago

It was pretty sloppy and now it feels much better... I’ll give that a try and see if that does anything.

C29D066E-1D1A-4AAB-AF2F-4835A7ED84D9 (resized).jpegC29D066E-1D1A-4AAB-AF2F-4835A7ED84D9 (resized).jpeg
#7 5 years ago

When I turn the game on the left upper ball kicker is kicking, and stops when I hit the credit button, then I can play and the kicker doesn’t kick out the ball. It also scores points when I tap on the machine, but not when I wiggle the playfield which tells me it’s a short or broken solder joint somewhere??? I found it’s related to the display of course... Just at a loss. Has anyone experienced this issue? Thanks in advance!

#8 5 years ago

I don't think the display issue is related, but could be if it's poor connectors for all of them.

Obviously want to check/test the leaf switch at that hole, but symptoms suggest that's not it.

Left eject hole (I think that's what you mean, unless you're mixing up left/right: left side only has one eject, so a little thrown that you're qualifying it with "upper") is in the white-green row, I'd trace that carefully checking continuity.

I'd carefully check the coin door too: having accidental ground there can do weird stuff like that, and center coin switch is in that row. The fact that motion triggers spontaneous switches/scoring makes me suspicious something might be getting grounded.

#9 5 years ago

I agree with you... I checked the leaf and it’s not touching. Like you, I think something is grounded or a pinched wire somewhere? I’m going to look it over good tonight and see what I can find.

This is the one I meant here... left side.

E3091A72-429C-4F96-A46F-9B152DFB639D (resized).pngE3091A72-429C-4F96-A46F-9B152DFB639D (resized).png
#10 5 years ago

This is what is does when turned on.

#11 5 years ago

a couple questions.....do all your led displays work in test? also with the balls removed what switches are shown as stuck?

#12 5 years ago

there are 4 buffer chips for the switches. i usually socket and replace them.....then behind that is the PIA chip. if that doesn't solve your problem make sure something isnt wired wrong or stuff like solder splash on the leafs.....check your targets for broken wires that has a lot of them....

#13 5 years ago

Check this out... WTF??? Problem solved... is that some kind of cheater device?

#14 5 years ago

wow.....ya that was grounding out something! not good!! but you have to wonder......why?

#15 5 years ago

Where does that wire go to? I couldn't tell in the video.

With it disconnected, I would check if there's continuity between coin door frame and grounding braid. I'm just wondering if that was someone's lazy way to repair a broken ground braid.

The other thing is, it still took motion to cause the problem. You should identify the exact contact happening, and then you can restore the ground properly.

IE. I'm wondering if you're just circumventing the actual problem by removing all grounding from the coin door.

#16 5 years ago

It was actually wired from the credit button and clipped onto the ground. Someone said it was basically a way to get free games, but they forgot the diode in between.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 150.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop
Displays
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Boards
$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
Electronics
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball
Led
$ 42.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
2,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Branford, CT

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/firepower-led-segment-not-working?hl=startek2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.