• 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Guru-420
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20160325_130401_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Guru-420.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

Nearly everything seems to be working with my Firepower, but a few problems still persist. Mainly, when a game is playing and you hit the ball into the kickouts, they never fire to kick the ball back into play. This is a new machine to me, so as far as I know they haven't worked for a while. They move freely without binding. MPU was tested good and rebuilt, and Power Supply should be good. How/what can I test to see where the issue is. Thanks in advance for any guidance, I'm pretty new to SS pins and am just starting to really dig in..

#3 8 years ago

Yes, everything else seems to work other than the kickouts.

#5 8 years ago

So as I was going through, I noticed no kickers anywhere all of a sudden. Checked my fuse, looked good but tested bad. Replaced fuse. Everything came up, played a game or two, everything looked OK for a bit. Then I started to notice some smoke... one of the pop bumper solenoids was frying. Turned it all back off. Looks like I have to order a replacement before I can move any further. I checked all the switch gaps for all of my solenoids and everything looks good, I don't see anything stuck closed. Hoping maybe just a bad coil?

#7 8 years ago

The MPU was serviced and upgraded, driver board hasn't been. Looks like thats going to be next on the docket. Thanks for the help.

#8 8 years ago

Can anyone recommend a reliable person to repair my driver board? At this point, I have so many projects, I don't want to have to order parts and *hope* I can fix the issue.

#10 8 years ago

Thanks, sent him a PM.

2 weeks later
#11 8 years ago

New issue. Boards back from John and everything looks great. Attempting to re-install and notice I have a random black wire hanging. Power-up machine and no displays, no boot. Guessing its power related, but really don't want to mess up my freshly repaired boards. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance.

20160325_130401_(resized).jpg20160325_130401_(resized).jpg

#12 8 years ago

FYI, the wirenut is temporary, and is connected to the GI rectifier properly.

Edit: Traced it back to a 3-up molex connector going under the playfield, along with a brown/purple wire that traced back to Driver Board 2J4-5. No idea where the black wire goes after that. When set to ground, the LEDs on the MPU only blink momentarily. I can see voltage at the displays but nothing there.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Washington Court House, OH
2,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hawesville, KY
$ 11.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

2,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Branford, CT
1,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Benton, PA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 42.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 129.00
Cabinet Parts
Bob's Pinball Stuff

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Guru-420.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/firepower-kickouts-not-firing?tu=Guru-420 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.