• Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider swillie.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 3 years ago

Quick thought did you try adding a credit? I can’t remember if free play is a physical switch on the board or a menu setting...if your battery is dead it will boot up to a default setting which probably has free play off.

Quoted from crazyidahoan:

I have a Firepower II machine. It was working fine and now I can't get a new game to start. I'm a total newbie when it comes to pinball ownership, so thanks for your help in advance. I have tried going through the diagnostics tests and when I get to the switch test it shows the #9 (outhole) switch is closed. If I pull the pinballs out then the switch is now open again. I'm stumped as to where to go from here. I did not run into any other diagnostic errors when cycling through everything. I also checked the CPU board and sound board self-tests and they all passed.
I've seen some things online about the trough switch, but I'm not sure it that's the issue since it seems to recognize the ball by showing the switch is closed. The previous owner mentioned this happened every now and again and showed me a wire that would get caught sometimes under the #10 switch (right ball ramp). I was able to successfully get it working a time or two using this trick, but unfortunately that doesn't seem to work anymore. And it was pretty obvious when that wire would catch. Now the wire is not caught. Thanks,

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

2,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Shrewsbury, MA
$ 11.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 22.50
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider swillie.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/firepower-ii-can-t-get-new-game-to-start?tu=swillie and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.