View topic image gallery

IMAG0827 (resized).jpg
IMAG0822 (resized).jpg
IMAG0826 (resized).jpg
IMAG0824 (resized).jpg
IMAG0825 (resized).jpg
IMAG0823 (resized).jpg
#1 6 years ago

Ok so recently got a Firepower II and have been playing it a good amount.
but tried today and no luck, would seem a coworker tried to play while i was gone and both outhole solenoids are toast.

and my trouble shooting on pins has been null for the last 3 years.
where and what should i start with.

power game up. will coin up but wont start a game. and you can smell solenoids getting hot.

#2 6 years ago

What are 'outhole solenoids' ??

#3 6 years ago
Quoted from swillie:

What are 'outhole solenoids' ??

looking through a manual the outhole kicker solenoids are what it says. the solenoid that kicks the ball into the shooter lane and then the ball lock hole.
i can get pics tomorrow if that is whats needed. sorry

#4 6 years ago

Check resistance on coils. If they are stuck on, you probably have faulty (shorted) transistor(s).

#5 6 years ago

I think he means the coil that kicks the ball into the trough and the coil that kicks the ball out of the trough into the shooter Lane chances are one of those transistors is locked on and you blew a fuse, to figure out which transistor and coil it is take the apron off and you can replace the fuse then turn the game back on and keep your finger on the power switch ready to turn it right back off after you power it on. You should see the coil lock on.

4 weeks later
#6 6 years ago

ok so i replaced both solenoids that were fried.
and the potential bad TR.
so now these two are no longer sticking.

still trying to track down the issue with the orange solenoid sticking

game will not play but will accept credits

IMAG0823 (resized).jpgIMAG0823 (resized).jpg

IMAG0825 (resized).jpgIMAG0825 (resized).jpg

IMAG0824 (resized).jpgIMAG0824 (resized).jpg

#7 6 years ago

so replaced a few parts and no longer have solenoids stuck on.
game no longer credits up, flippers work and kickers work no scoring so its not in game play?

player 1 display says 2521 2

IMAG0826 (resized).jpgIMAG0826 (resized).jpg

IMAG0822 (resized).jpgIMAG0822 (resized).jpg

IMAG0827 (resized).jpgIMAG0827 (resized).jpg

#8 6 years ago

ok so now i got the game to play but it wont kickout the ball from the drain hole and will not kick the ball into the shooter lane

#9 6 years ago

not much help around here i see, is there another place to get information?

#10 6 years ago
Quoted from BDAWG:

not much help around here i see, is there another place to get information?

There's a lot of people willing to help here... but you're basically saying "It's not working, why not?"... which could be any one of a million things. Do you have a manual with schematics? What controls the specific areas you're having problems with?

You've also got this posted in the wrong forum. This isn't a "modern game", it's an "early solid state". I'd suggest you post there, with a thorough description of the problem, and you're more likely to find help-- the people you need to see this thread aren't seeing it because this isn't a DMD or later game.

#11 6 years ago
Quoted from drsfmd:

There's a lot of people willing to help here... but you're basically saying "It's not working, why not?"... which could be any one of a million things. Do you have a manual with schematics? What controls the specific areas you're having problems with?
You've also got this posted in the wrong forum. This isn't a "modern game", it's an "early solid state". I'd suggest you post there, with a thorough description of the problem, and you're more likely to find help-- the people you need to see this thread aren't seeing it because this isn't a DMD or later game.

ahh very sorry thought i had it in the right spot, will get my pics and info in order and repost there.
Thanks for the response

3 months later
#12 6 years ago

So did you have any luck yet?
If 25212 shows up right after turning on, it mostly means your battery is empty or out, the AA's.
It also is for operaters menue.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 22.50
2,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Shrewsbury, MA
Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/firepower-ii-both-outholes-fried and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.