asys6test2 (resized).jpg
fp (resized).jpg
20190501_144853 (resized).jpg
20190501_144856 (resized).jpg
20190501_144902 (resized).jpg
20190501_144906 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
20190420_191111 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Schwaggs.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 4 years ago

When was it serviced, recently or in the 90s?

#8 4 years ago

Yes, please post some decent pictures of the boards and check for the voltages that drocelot suggested.

1 week later
#12 4 years ago

Those look great!

Measure the voltages on the test points on the CPU board. Need to see if the power supply voltages are making it reliably to the CPU board.

Remove the screws on the driver board (lower board in your first picture). Carefully pull the 2 boards apart and press them back together. The long white translucent connector between the CPU and driver boards is the "40 pin connector", notorious for causing issues. Pulling it apart and putting it back together cleans the contact points and may be the cause of the problem.

Are the contact points in the battery holder rusted or corroded? They look rusted in the picture but it is hard to tell.

#14 4 years ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

Forgive my ignorance on this but the test points are all the raised metal cylinders/nipples right? Positive to test point and negative to any ground is OK? Don't want to mess anything up.
I think it is just rust I will check when I get off tonight.

Yep, that’s right. The tiny metal studs are the test points. You can put the negative meter lead on the ground braid.

#18 4 years ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

No NVRAM. Battery holder is shot. It won't boot without batteries? Feck! No way around this?

The game should boot to audits without batteries. Static numbers in the displays.

You can try and do the cheat boot, just in case the problem is with your displays. With the coin door open, turn the game on. Then very fast, turn the power switch off and back on. Attract mode should start (playfield inserts flashing). You may have to try it several times to get it to work. Based on your original description (both LEDs on), I don't think this will work.

With the game on, press the diagnostic button on the CPU board and tell us what the LEDs do.

#26 4 years ago

You need to figure out why the voltage at the test points is so low. 4.7v is much too low to boot reliably. I think you are on the right track with reflowing the solder to the header pins. Make sure you do it on all the boards (PS, sound, driver, cpu)

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

Tools
Pincoder Store

1,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Benton, PA
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Washington Court House, OH
600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Casper, WY
$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 129.00
Cabinet Parts
Bob's Pinball Stuff

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

2,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hawesville, KY
$ 42.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Schwaggs.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/firepower-help-please-1?tu=Schwaggs and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.