Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Brijam
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

I am a complete beginner being a pinball owner so bear with me. It seems a lot of the past posts reference a site that is down so I'm a little lost on where to turn next online so here goes. I just purchased a used Firepower and it ran for about 15 minutes once I had it setup .The first time I hit a ball lock nothing happened and the game continued but no other ball kicked out. The next step is where I probably messed up as I pushed the ball out manually from the ball lock. I power cycled the game and now the free play button won't issue a credit nor will dropping a coin in issue a credit. It looks like I have three balls in the trough but I have seen some posts where the sensor/switch down there could be the issue. I'm not confident in that assessment as again I am completely new on this but if anyone can point me down the right path to solve this I would be grateful.

#2 6 years ago

Manually ejecting a ball shouldn't be a problem.

Check your manual for how to access the switch test and make sure that all three trough switches are registering. While you're in there check that the lock switches register too.

"Free play button" do you mean you have an added button do give credits? Check the coin switches and this button in switch test as well

It's possible you may have a switch matrix issue as it sounds like many switches aren't working.... You might also want to reseat the switch matrix connectors 2J2 and 2J3 and the inline connector that goes from the head to the body from them

#3 6 years ago

Definitely check the coin door switches. The left one is on the same column as the shooter lane switch. If the little trip wire is all boogered up it can short the coin switch to the door and if that happens the game will think a ball is sitting in the shooter lane and it will not kick out a ball.

#4 6 years ago

Actually check /all/ the switches. Mine wouldn't start a few weeks back and it was because a ball had jammed a switch closed. When I freed up the stuck switch, it started. I don't know why the game is so finicky, but it is.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
1,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Benton, PA
$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 42.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Washington Court House, OH
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Casper, WY
$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

2,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hawesville, KY
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/firepower-help-5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.