Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Arcade
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

I've had my Firepower up and running since last November, and the two flasher bulbs under the FIRE and POWER inserts have never worked. No big deal, didn't interfere with gameplay, and all the other controlled lamps on the playfield work. I just assumed the resistor for the flashers was no good. Here's what happened just now:

1. Started a game, locked three balls for multiball.
2. Countdown as usual, 9-8-7-6-etc., and for the first time ever, the flashers flashed during the countdown!
3. Finished game and pulled glass, started another game and manually triggered and locked up the balls for multiball.
4. This time, not only didn't the flashers work, but the other four #44 bulbs under FIRE and POWER didn't work during the countdown either.
5. Checking further, I manually trigger the F-I-R-E lanes and the #44 bulbs under FIRE insert light up for that. Separately triggering the three POWER targets also lights up the bulbs under the POWER insert. However, triggering both is supposed to light all the bulbs under both inserts, #44s and flashers, and instead everything stays dark.
6. I try another multiball, and again none of the bulbs (flasher and #44) light up during countdown.
7. After game, in attract mode, #44's under FIRE and POWER light up normally.

So my flashers worked for a total of about ten seconds and that was that. Any ideas what could be going on here?

#2 10 years ago

Probably the warming resistor is flakey. It's the fat one on the bakelight board just to the right of the flashers.

#3 10 years ago

I personally have ordered from COMET and will continue to as they are excellent quality and shipping is fast.

i have previously purchased from aliexpress some plain ol 5050 leds (555) for cheap and the bulbs were just ok and shipping takes for ever.

#4 10 years ago

What type of flasher bulbs do you have installed?

Agreed that you should check the warming resistor and associated wiring however, if you want to brighten up the colors, swap the 44 AND 89 bulbs with some color matches

LEDs. If you go with LEDs, you don't need to mess with the warming resistor as you will need to remove it anyway.

8 months later
#5 9 years ago

jibmums
Did you ever get this fixed?
Mine is doing the same thing.
I tried grounding the driver transistor 43 on the driver board and even doing that I can't make the flashers go off.
Maybe the transistor is just bad.

#6 9 years ago

Although I didn't actually get them fixed, the flashers have been working for some time now. In doing some tinkering with the game, installing a remote battery and such, they just started working again several months ago, and I've had no problems with them since, both the flashers and the #44's.

Wish all pin problems were wrapped up so easily.

#7 9 years ago
Quoted from jibmums:

Although I didn't actually get them fixed, the flashers have been working for some time now. In doing some tinkering with the game, installing a remote battery and such, they just started working again several months ago, and I've had no problems with them since, both the flashers and the #44's.
Wish all pin problems were wrapped up so easily.

Thanks. Currently I have no flashers and the FIRE 44's only work in attract mode.
POWER 44's stay lit after all three standups are hit.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 11.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

3,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Corinth, MS
$ 42.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

Machine - For Sale
Broadway, VA
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Huntsville, AL
Machine - For Sale
Atlanta, GA
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.