Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 months ago by Bigun
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 5 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20190713_063514 (resized).jpg
20190710_212150 (resized).jpg
IMG_5314 (resized).PNG
20190709_195113 (resized).jpg
7-10-2019 4-44-16 PM (resized).png

#1 4 months ago

I just need a good pic of someone's functional knocker solenoid. I've got one that is missing a spring, just wondering if it needs one or if it's the wrong solenoid altogether.

#2 4 months ago

Here's how the master (@high_end_pins ) set up a knocker in Firepower.

I went the same route when I restored mine. Even if you don't relocate the assembly, HEP's photo still gives you a solid reference for coil and spring specifics.

7-10-2019 4-44-16 PM (resized).png
#3 4 months ago

This one looks completely different. Was this possibly an older style?

20190709_195113 (resized).jpg
#4 4 months ago

Make sure the banded side of the diode is facing the larger power (red) wires.

IMG_5314 (resized).PNG
#5 4 months ago
Quoted from Bigun:

This one looks completely different. Was this possibly an older style?[quoted image]

HEP mounted that one in the non-stock position (floor of the cabinet for some reason) and therefore had to use a spring on the mech.

Your picture is the standard mech and location. No spring used when mounted in the stock position (vertical).

#6 4 months ago

Here is my Firepower.

20190710_212150 (resized).jpg
#7 4 months ago

Mine was missing when I bought my F.P. I looked around for one with no success and didn't really want to relocate it so I did a little welding to make this one work but it's not very loud. My Lost World knocker rocks! I'am still looking.

20190713_063514 (resized).jpg
#8 4 months ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

HEP mounted that one in the non-stock position (floor of the cabinet for some reason) and therefore had to use a spring on the mech.
Your picture is the standard mech and location. No spring used when mounted in the stock position (vertical).

Yes the game I did was missing the assembly and my experience with the original style is that it is usually pretty weak.
That is why I took the opportunity to change it up.
Worked great.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hep-firepower-2018

#9 4 months ago

Ok, so the machine doesn't have a stock board. It's a Rottendog MPU327-1, and I'm having issues finding schematics for this.

#10 4 months ago

Found schematics: http://www.arcadeshop.com/i/692/williams-system-3-to-7-mpu-driver-board.htm

Now, looks like Anywhere between Q41 and IC26 may be the issue. Going to put a logic probe on pins 13 & 7 on IC3 during a solenoid test to see if I get anything on either side and go from there.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 14.99
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
$ 99.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Sales
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 22.00
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 12.00
Cabinet - Other
Siegecraft Electronics
Machine - For Sale
New Hartford, CT
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
San Jose, CA

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside