6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Buzz
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider madwithpower.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

So my Firepower started intermittently developing this issue which now happens all the time: Starting the game will eject one ball into the plunger lane, but after a ball is captured on the playfield, the game will kick both remaining balls into the plunger lane. I've cleaned and checked the contacts on the leaf switches and run a switch test on all of the switches under the apron, no issues. It doesn't seem to be just a stutter in the solenoid, because when I put my thumb in front of the second kicked ball, the solenoid continues to try to kick the second ball into the plunger lane. The switch IN the plunger lane doesn't seem to be working (#46). I don't think that's the issue, but someone could let me know if I'm wrong. Thanks.

#4 6 years ago
Quoted from Travish:

The switch in the lane is probably the culprit. After it kicks the ball to the shooter lane it is looking for the ball and when it doesn't see it it kicks another up. Check/tug/pull the wires on all the switches under the apron and the shooter lane. I think some of those are in Series if I remember right.

Will do. I wonder why it wouldn't kick multiple balls into the shooter lane if it DOESN'T have one captured? Probably just something funky in the programming, if that is the culprit. Thanks.

#6 6 years ago

I will indeed post when I get it fixed. A quick attempt to gap the leaf switch resulted in wiping out the entire row on the wiring matrix, so you may be on to something. I'll double check the wiring, and might swap the switch entirely.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Washington Court House, OH
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
2,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Branford, CT
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball
Led
$ 150.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop
Displays
$ 129.00
Cabinet Parts
Bob's Pinball Stuff
Cabinet parts
Playfields
Troxel Repair
Playfields

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider madwithpower.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/firepower-eject-issue?tu=madwithpower and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.