Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by RudyHead
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

Hey guys. I am doing a PF swap with a new CPR PF. I picked up a couple of 3 bank drop target assemblies from a parted out Gorgar, and am using the Siegecraft contact boards. Anyway my question is, aside from the two coil wires, are all of the wires already on the playfield? Or do I need to run some new wires from the drop targets to the back box connectors? I have been using http://pinball.flippers.info/firepowerdroptargets/ as a guide, and it says:

"You'll need to obtain about 5' or 6' of the following color coded wire for the new switch connections that don't exist in the game. This is where that old playfield comes in handy! I would highly suggest getting color coded wire from an old playfield. It will be extremely difficult to troubleshoot wiring problems if you use new solid wire.

Gray-Red
Gray-Orange
Green-Orange
Green-Violet
White-Yellow
White-Grey
White-Violet"

Are these 7 wires not already on the playfield? I swear I already see some of these connected to the stand-up targets. If anyone has any experience with this I'd really appreciate it. Thanks.

#3 8 years ago

Thanks RCA1. Sounds like I'll need to follow the correct wires off the correct board connectors and bring out new wires to the PF. Hopefully that does the trick. Thanks again.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Washington Court House, OH
$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 42.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

1,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Benton, PA
2,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hawesville, KY
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

2,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Branford, CT
$ 129.00
Cabinet Parts
Bob's Pinball Stuff

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/firepower-drop-target-retrofit-wiring-question and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.