We recently picked up a Firepower that is in great condition.
We managed to get it up and running and playing perfectly for about a week. Now, when we turn it on we get nothing but GI lights and even have the solenoid fuse blowing. Arrrrrgh.
Sound board test works great. but every time we turn the machine on it does something different. Sometimes it yells Firepower and kicks out a ball. Sometimes both red lights on the CPU stay on. Sometimes only the top light stays on, and sometimes both lights stay out.
Can't imagine what has happened.
Here is what has been done to the boards already and photos of them below.
1. All male pins have been replaced with new pins.
2. I have the new combo chip running from Hans so I have eliminated all the scanbe sockets.
3. Both lights on his board stay solid green for power and 5 volts.
4. TP 7 test a good 4.96 volts
5. New battery holder installed with lithium batteries.
1. Solder has been reflowed on the male pins.
2. New resistors installed
3. Brand new 40 pin interconnect has been installed, both male and female.
4. replaced a burnt transistor for the pop bumper coil.
1. All new cap kit installed in this board.
Any ideas are much appreciated. It boggles my mind that all this could have happened while the machine just sat idle.