6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by wrb1977
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wrb1977.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

On a Firepower, what does the anode keep alive (+100VDC) do on the factory original slave displays? There is an extra brown w/ white tracer wire coming out of the connector at 4J7-2 and is +100VDC. This wire is then daisy chained to each slave display at 5J1-9, 5J2-9, 5J3-9, and 5J4-9 which is the anode keep alive. While troubleshooting a display issue, I disconnected this wire from 4J7-2 and all displays including the master work perfectly! I have the IC version of the master display and there are no hacks or mods on any of these factory displays. I am truly stumped as to why everything is working without this wire connected as manufactures typically don’t put in wires for no reason. Any answers or explanations would be greatly appreciated...thanks in advance!

#3 6 years ago

Thanks for the reply. I am not getting flicker or anything wrong at all. They are all working absolutely perfect...this is what has me stumped! Most people would probably just be happy it’s working and move on. I’m one of those people that needs to always know why. For +100VDC not being supplied to the slave displays it just makes no sense to me that they work at all.

#5 6 years ago

Thanks for the info. Do you think the displays could be damaged by not having this voltage connected?

#7 6 years ago

Thanks again...hopefully more info will surface at some point.

#9 6 years ago

They are all still the factory original displays.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball
Led
$ 42.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
Electronics
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
2,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Branford, CT
Tools
Pincoder Store
Tools
Playfields
Troxel Repair
Playfields

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wrb1977.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/firepower-display-question?tu=wrb1977 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.