• Latest reply 9 years ago by rcbrown316
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20140716_010304.jpg
#1 9 years ago

I have a problem with the ball "funneling" directly down the center when it is at a slower speed decending towards the flippers. The ball changes course from either side to a sdtm result. The playfield seems a bit oo flexible when I press on it. I'm not sure I can shore up the playfield so I was considering adding mylar or something to see if it would impact the travel enough to make a difference. I understand its a tough game and accept the direct fires off the center target banks dtm but this one is tough to accept. any ideas or suggestions would be awesome

20140716_010304.jpg20140716_010304.jpg
#2 9 years ago

If i had any complaints on firepower it would be outlane drains. Not so much down the middle

#3 9 years ago

I'm not complaining about the way the machine was designed to play. i have a problem and I am looking for a solution to it.

#4 9 years ago

With the glass off and using a Level, is the playfield dead level?

Are any of the inserts cupped?

#5 9 years ago

Cupped inserts will alter the path of a slow moving ball traveling toward the flipper and drain it right down the center. I watch this happen way too often on mine.

#6 9 years ago

I have this problem on every game I play!

#7 9 years ago

some of the in

Quoted from vid1900:With the glass off and using a Level, is the playfield dead level?
Are any of the inserts cupped?

some of the inserts were pushed up so I pushed them back down with hopes that it would solve the problem but it didnt help. I did not check the level with the glass off but it is spot on with the glass on. I dont htink thats the issues because for example if the ball is descending slowly from the left center target bank towards the right flipper it will change its course to stdm. Same is true for the opposite scenario.

#8 9 years ago

Put a straight edge (metal ruler for example) left to right across the center of your Playfield to check if the whole Playfield is sagging in the middle. Sounds like this may be your problem.

#9 9 years ago

i think it is

Quoted from Schwaggs:Put a straight edge (metal ruler for example) left to right across the center of your Playfield to check if the whole Playfield is sagging in the middle. Sounds like this may be your problem.

I think thats the problem. i kinda eluded to that in the initial post when I asked about installing some mylar or something. Also I wonder if anyone has ever used an adjustable support similar to those used in basements to support the first floor.

#10 9 years ago
Quoted from rcbrown316:

some of the inserts were pushed up so I pushed them back down with hopes that it would solve the problem but it didnt help.

But are the inserts themselves cupped? As in 'is the center of the plastic sunken in' ?

Quoted from rcbrown316:

I did not check the level with the glass off but it is spot on with the glass on.

The playfield itself can easily be 3 degrees different than the glass. Get in the habit of always taking your level readings on the playfield and never the glass.

#11 9 years ago
Quoted from rcbrown316:

Also I wonder if anyone has ever used an adjustable support similar to those used in basements to support the first floor.

On games with big slots cut into the playfield, some people have had to bolt angle iron onto the playfields to flatten them back down.

#12 9 years ago

Vid thanks a million. That sounds scary. I do a bit more research on that one to see if I can handle it

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Casper, WY
$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

1,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Benton, PA
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Washington Court House, OH
$ 42.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

2,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hawesville, KY

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/firepower-center-drain-issue and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.