IMG_7623.JPG
IMG_7617.JPG
IMG_7610.JPG
IMG_7603.JPG
IMG_6962.JPG
IMG_6869.JPG
IMG_6867.JPG
#1 9 years ago

Firepower is my wife's favorite pin so it isn't going anywhere soon. I thought as long as it's going to stay around, it should look its best.
The playfield paint was touched up and then clear coated. All of the cupped inserts were filled with clear coat and sanded level. I used stencils from pinball pimp to paint the cabinet. They worked well and came with detailed instructions. Here are some before and after shots.

IMG_6867.JPGIMG_6867.JPGIMG_6869.JPGIMG_6869.JPGIMG_6962.JPGIMG_6962.JPGIMG_7603.JPGIMG_7603.JPGIMG_7610.JPGIMG_7610.JPGIMG_7617.JPGIMG_7617.JPGIMG_7623.JPGIMG_7623.JPGIMG_7626.JPGIMG_7626.JPGIMG_7645.JPGIMG_7645.JPGIMG_7646.JPGIMG_7646.JPGIMG_7647.JPGIMG_7647.JPG

#2 9 years ago

Firepower kicks ass, good job!

#3 9 years ago

Very nicely done. A good playing firepower is a great machine.

#4 9 years ago

Looks great! Enjoy it.

#5 9 years ago

Looks awesome! Nice job on a great machine! Thanks for sharing!

#6 9 years ago

Thanks everyone. Leveling out those cupped inserts made a huge difference. I liked it before, but it's a lot more fun now.

#7 9 years ago

awesome!

#8 9 years ago

Hi GoodToBeBad,

Could you please provide paint manufacturer and colors?

Thank you for your time,

Milton

#9 9 years ago

Nice job!

I used the art files from www.firepowerpinball.com and had vinyl decals printed.

They came out pretty good and are a lot easier to fit.

Andy

#10 9 years ago
Quoted from Andy_B:

Nice job!
I used the art files from http://www.firepowerpinball.com and had vinyl decals printed.
They came out pretty good and are a lot easier to fit.
Andy

i was thinking of doing that myself. did you have to re-size anything?

OP, nice job!

#11 9 years ago

I think I re-sized the head dimensions because the height is wrong on the site - i seem to remember it's down as the same dimension as the width.

Overall I made the decal slightly larger and then trimmed it back equidistant from the edges.

Make sure you order all the decals from the same supplier at the same time to ensure consistent colours.

#12 9 years ago
Quoted from Milton187:

Could you please provide paint manufacturer and colors?

Rustoleum spray cans. I think I used apple red and sunshine yellow - both in gloss.

2 weeks later
#13 9 years ago

Your cabinet looks really nice. I'm about to spray some touch up on the front, I have made stencils and and wanted to confirm best rattle can paint and colors to use. Are the colors Rustoleum Gloss Sun Yellow 249092 and Gloss Apple Red 249124 ? Thanks

#14 9 years ago

Yes. I believe those are the colors I used. However, since I primed and painted the whole cabinet, I wasn't too concerned with matching the colors exactly. Test them before you use them.

5 years later
#15 3 years ago

Super revive-an-old-thread! GoodToBeDad do you remember what black you used?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

3,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Corinth, MS
$ 11.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

2,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dayton, OH
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

2,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Johnstown, CO
$ 42.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Huntsville, AL
Tools
Pincoder Store

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.