Firepower background music

By Dizzyjw23

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

I’m needing some guidance. I’m brand new to pinball and don’t know much at all. To put into perspective... My GI lights went out on my machine and it took me a while but I found where the GI fuse was, bought a fuse, and replaced it and it worked. I was really proud of myself. Haha. So I’m a complete novice. So here’s my problem. My background music is out on my Firepower. I read the post about the guy who had all his sounds out but for me it’s just the background music. All my switch sounds, callouts, voice callouts work. It’s just the background sound that plays throughout the game that doesn’t work. Weird. I can’t find anyone that’s had that exact problem. I’ve run the diagnostic but that only covers all the switch sounds and they work. So I’m at a loss. Any help for a complete novice???

#2 5 years ago

Boy, does this bring back a memory (albeit a hazy one, hope I have all this straight) . . .

Back at my old Indiana arcade, we were shipped a #firepower from another location that did the same thing, and I remember to my surprise happening across a game adjustment it had that controlled background together w/some other function.

Check adjustment function 35. If it's set to 00, 01, 02 or 03, try changing it to 10, 11, 12 or 13 respectively (factory is 12).

(This is on page 4 of the manual; if you don't have one, you can view/download it here: http://www.firepowerpinball.com/2ya/downloads/InstructionBooklet.pdf)

Hope this helps.

#3 5 years ago

You are a lifesaver!! I’m at work and just saw this so I haven’t tried it, but I was messing with function 35 and that’s got to be it. Thank you so much

#4 5 years ago
Quoted from SonicZone:

Check adjustment function 35. If it's set to 00, 01, 02 or 03, try changing it to 10, 11, 12 or 13 respectively (factory is 12).

It's funny how random stuff like this gets stuck in your head over the years .

#5 5 years ago
Quoted from SonicZone:

Boy, does this bring back a memory (albeit a hazy one, hope I have all this straight) . . .
Back at my old Indiana arcade, we were shipped a #firepower from another location that did the same thing, and I remember to my surprise happening across a game adjustment it had that controlled background together w/some other function.
(This is on page 4 of the manual; if you don't have one, you can view/download it here: http://www.firepowerpinball.com/2ya/downloads/InstructionBooklet.pdf)
Hope this helps.

I got home and this fixed it!! SonicZone I can’t thank you enough! I was searching through every forum I could find for an answer. Appreciate you taking the time to help me.

1 year later
#6 3 years ago
Quoted from Dizzyjw23:

I got home and this fixed it!! soniczone I can’t thank you enough! I was searching through every forum I could find for an answer. Appreciate you taking the time to help me.

I just got a new replacement sound board and I don't hear that humming ship idle sound(I believe that's what you're describing).
I'm hoping a setting change fixes it. I wasn't aware that it was something you could change.
Thanks for starting this thread, it helped me find the answer super fast.

#7 3 years ago

Side note when I first got my Firepower up and running I hated that constant wub wub wub wub wub noise but now I freaking love it. Makes me think I’m walking up to some kind of idling space motorcycle waiting to go full throttle.

1 week later
#8 3 years ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

Side note when I first got my Firepower up and running I hated that constant wub wub wub wub wub noise but now I freaking love it. Makes me think I’m walking up to some kind of idling space motorcycle waiting to go full throttle.

That setting change worked great and now I have that sound as well. It's a great sound. I like how it goes up and down during play. Gets higher pitched, then lower. Just a really cool ship sound.

1 year later
#9 2 years ago

Just got a Hardtop on my Firepower, and I'm having a slightly different problem. The background rumble is VERY quiet compared to the main sounds and speech. This also makes the ball launch sound very wrong. It doesn't have that "digital gravel launch" like the first few seconds of this video:

I have adjustment function 35 set to 12, so background is on. I can hear the background rumble, but it's WAY quieter than the other sounds.

I adjusted the balance between voice and sounds using the knob on the speech module. Balance between those sounds good.

I turned the in-cabinet master volume all the way up.

The main sounds and voice are super loud, but the background rumble is very quiet. If I turn the main volume back down to a normal level, I can barely hear the background.

#10 2 years ago

Everything seems to sound just like mine.

#11 2 years ago

Sorry, my bad. The video I posted above is an example of what it SHOULD sound like.

Here's two videos of what mine sounds like. Speech and main sounds are good. Startup, ball launch, and background rumble are messed up.
http://www.outsideedgeproducts.com/firepower.html

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 42.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

2,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hawesville, KY
$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Tools
Pincoder Store

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Washington Court House, OH
600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Casper, WY
$ 11.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

1,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Benton, PA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/firepower-background-music?hl=iamdrunker and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.