Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSC_0399.JPG
DSC_0400.JPG
20161118_145406 (resized).jpg
IMG_8935 (resized).JPG
#1 10 years ago

Does anyone other than mayfair amusements sell the repro back glasses? he wants $225 for shipping which is a tad more than id like to pay

#4 10 years ago

Its pretty tough to find a nice used one. I have had 4 and they all have had their blemishes. They may not look bad not lit up, but when there are put on the game they are a lot more noticeable(scratches). I would love to see them repro'd with the correct color of red.

#5 10 years ago

Yea, be advised that the mayfair repros do not have the graduated orange to yellow in the title and lower left, more of a solid yellow...

I agree, I would be in for an accurate repro glass.

#6 10 years ago

I'm surprised that CPR hasn't considered doing a run of backglasses for Firepower; I mean they already did playfields and plastics for it?!?

#7 10 years ago

We did consider it & the artwork is currently being done by the same artist that is working on the Joust Plastics. When he is done with Joust he will get back to work on the Firepower BG art....He also did the Plastics & PF for Firepower....

1 month later
#8 10 years ago

Really crossing my fingers for the CPR option here. Following this thread with interest.

#9 10 years ago

no crossing of the fingers needed, we are doing it.....

#10 10 years ago
Quoted from Stu:

no crossing of the fingers needed, we are doing it.....

How about another run of Firepower PFs?

3 months later
#11 9 years ago

This would be great I just missed out on the last one!!

3 months later
#12 9 years ago

Any updates on the Firepower backglass repros?

#13 9 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

Yea, be advised that the mayfair repros do not have the graduated orange to yellow in the title and lower left, more of a solid yellow...
I agree, I would be in for an accurate repro glass.

This is the main reason I haven't bought one.

Mine is in pretty bad shape.

5 months later
#14 9 years ago

Bump. Sent inquiry to CPR, no response. This thread got me excited. I have a Firepower on the way, and the back glass is the biggest problem. The one's bouncing around the system are all the same or worse than mine. My Xenon is perfect. I want my Firepower to be the same.

Anyone have a status on this?

2 years later
#15 6 years ago

I'd start a new topic, but this IS the problem- I had a slight Humpty-Dumpty with my Firepower backglass last night. It's bad enough to loose something that dear, and rare- and ontop Of it to have it really sink in how stupid you were to allow something like that to happen while you spend the next 1/2 hour cleaning the mess up..

NOW it seem that you can't even replace it- at all!

I'm not a fanatic about these things- if I had a color printer-- okay, I wouldn't settle for that, but I'm not going to die if One is a little flakey or something- or- has anyone ever made one of these in a translite situation? Like a vinyl print or something?

Looking for ideas...

-Brian

2 weeks later
#16 6 years ago

hi - i actually have a firepower blackglass - been sitting in my garage for years as decoration only. the game that it was in was a complete loss (been hanging on to this since about 92.

We'll have to figure out how to get it safely to you but PM me and I am sure can figure something out.

IMG_8935 (resized).JPGIMG_8935 (resized).JPG

#17 6 years ago

Hey!!

I'll still keep this in the open as Maybe some of you other p-siders can give us a good way to transport this?

One time I had a neon tube from a carnival "Tickets" - just the tube, not the transformer. Anyway, I went to the UPS store, and they took great pains to pack this thing in a HUGE BOX- way oversized packed with peanuts, and suspended, etc. finally I get it down to Tampa, and the thing is broke. I had insured it, gotten their word they'll take extra good care of this thing, but they said I should have been told they don't ship glass, and basically I was screwed. If I remember they didn't even rdfund the shipping cost!

Ever since then I have been VERY reluctant to ship anything breakable with those monkeys. (Think AmericanTourister commercial).

Ideas?

#18 6 years ago

Ideas?

I've shipped several via UPS by building a 2x4 and plywood crate with foam strips and sheets totally encapsulating the glass. I always worry that it will get there unharmed but so far never had one broken on arrival...but man what a pain in the aaaa to build a crate.

20161118_145406 (resized).jpg20161118_145406 (resized).jpg

#19 6 years ago
Quoted from bbriese:

Ideas?
I've shipped several via UPS by building a 2x4 and plywood crate with foam strips and sheets totally encapsulating the glass. I always worry that it will get there unharmed but so far never had one broken on arrival...but man what a pain in the aaaa to build a crate.

Sounds like a good tutorial thread.

#21 6 years ago
Quoted from Geocab:

Sounds like a good tutorial thread.

Next time I build I one I'll take some pics and spell out the details.

#22 6 years ago

bdPinball

here are new photos, front and back (front cleaned up) taken with my Nikon camera.

DSC_0400.JPGDSC_0400.JPG

DSC_0399.JPGDSC_0399.JPG

#23 6 years ago

Naah , that ain't bad- and like you said, it's a LOT better than mine!!

I'm happy now. I'll get back my firepower soon!

#24 6 years ago

If I was in your shoes, I'd surely say the same. I've had a number of pinballs pass through my hands and I have to say each time I take a back glass off I say to myself - "please God do not break the back glass or you're f*cked"

I'm a long time scrounger and generally a pack rat - which is why I have had this back glass for nearly 25 years with no game to put it in and saw it mainly as art for my garage. I am likely nearly as pleased as you are being able to find it a proper (and sorely needed) home. I can also tell my ex-wife, see what happens when I hold onto stuff and don't throw it out? LOL

3 months later
#25 6 years ago

ATTENTION: PPS is producing Firepower glass VERY soon. I would guess in 90 days you will see it pop up on their site as available.

#26 6 years ago

Great news, thanks for posting. The repro Gorgar backglass they did looked excellent,

#27 6 years ago
Quoted from Joydivision:

Great news, thanks for posting. The repro Gorgar backglass they did looked excellent,

Thanks! We produced that as well... we try hard!

#28 6 years ago

Good news! Now keeping my fingers crossed they will reproduce the plastics as well.

#29 6 years ago
Quoted from Outsidedge:

ATTENTION: PPS is producing Firepower glass VERY soon. I would guess in 90 days you will see it pop up on their site as available.

Stop! I have no money!

1 week later
#30 6 years ago
Quoted from Geocab:

Stop! I have no money!

They ARE?? Holy cow! What luck!

I need a Xenon playfield too.

-B

2 months later
#31 6 years ago

Any word on the PPS backglass yet?

1 week later
#32 6 years ago

Did they make them?

#33 6 years ago

i'd love to know also, will this happen?

#34 6 years ago

I saw a recent post saying they are close.

1 week later
#35 6 years ago

These backglasses are complete and shipping to PPS for distribution next week! They look fantastic... hope you all enjoy. Keep flipping

#36 6 years ago
Quoted from Outsidedge:

These backglasses are complete and shipping to PPS for distribution next week! They look fantastic... hope you all enjoy. Keep flipping

Man, hope it's true, i really need one badly.

#37 6 years ago
Quoted from Outsidedge:

What did you decide for the red? Can you post some pictures?

#38 6 years ago

This is great news!! I know Outside edge said they will be shipping to PPS next week - but I couldn't wait and had to check the PPS site. ...nope, not there yet.

#39 6 years ago

Yep, looking forward to this as well. Question: what is PPS/where will we order?

#41 6 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

What did you decide for the red? Can you post some pictures?

yes, i'm curious as well, what color did they went with?

#42 6 years ago

The dark red I hope

#43 6 years ago

Following, my backglass is pretty faded.

1 week later
#44 6 years ago

any news on this? nothing on pps website.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/firepower-backglass and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.