Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by oilspot
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

Couple of issues that I have researched the forum for answers and come away more confused then enlightened. Calling on the knowledge of Pinsiders for assistance.

1. All of the displays illuminated boards have the same segment out, lower left vertical. Where should I begin to look to diagnose, repair?
2. Shield kicker power kick varies from lazy to semi lazy. How the heck do you test a coils power? Took it apart, cleaned the sleeve and pole, no difference.
3. Voice quit working after adjusting pan volume control. Cleaned pan, adjusted balance over to the voice side, turned volume all the way up, now I have both sounds and voice but low. Every post I read ends with replacing IC3 Rom chip, is this where I should start? I have a multi meter and limited electrical knowledge working on automobiles.
4. Top of the playfield red bonus lamps (10,000-30,000-50,000), when do you score these points? Is it when you hit the target above these lamps?

#2 5 years ago

2- clean the switch. I think it has more to do with the exact moment the kicker hits the ball. Meaning the distance the ball is from the kicker when it fires and makes contact. The speed of the ball affects that too so it's kind of normal to see a slight difference. Does it kick the ball out consistently? Mine usually hits the 5 or 6 target.

4- I've wondered that too but I have read the top target has nothing to do with the 10~30~50 scoring. Just 1000 every time like the plastic above says.

#3 5 years ago
Quoted from Legacy69:

Top of the playfield red bonus lamps (10,000-30,000-50,000), when do you score these points?

You score the lit value when completing "Fire" (upper rollovers) and "Power" (three right side targets). The bonus then advances and is awarded when you complete it again.

#4 5 years ago

Bripin is correct. Went to look while he was typing. Been wondering about that.

#5 5 years ago

Thank you Travish for the replies and advice I will give it a try.
2. A lazy kick return loops across and hits the top of the right kicker, strong kick will hit the lowest POWER target.
4. Great, no need to fix or aim for it then.

Bripin
Thank you for clearing up points lights!

#6 5 years ago

Do you have the correct coil on the kicker? Yours definitely is not as strong as mine.

#7 5 years ago

My lane kicker is fairly consistent it hits the top Power target 95% of the time.

#8 5 years ago

Checked the coil, it is the correct one. Was noticing all of the kickers are weak. For example, the top playfield kicker only shoots the ball out as far as the "i" in fire. As I remember playing the game back in the day that top kicker would shoot the ball clear across to the other side and bounce back to the "r" or "e". Is it possible I have a power problem, coil or other?

#9 5 years ago

My sound went out right after I got mine up and running. Decided to reset the rom chip on the sound board and when I took it out, the pins were black with corrosion and two fell off. New rom should be here tomorrow, will report back if it fixed it. I'm now chasing a random resetting issue which I think is the connector at the top of the PS board, seems to affect it if I wiggle it. I also have a display issue like yours, bottom row our on all displays. Once I get a fix, I'll check back on this thread. It sounds like we have pretty near the exact same game. Mine had mushrooms growing on top when I got it, hope yours was a bit better.

#10 5 years ago

Oh, and my outlane kicker almost always hits target 5. New rubber tip on it.

#11 5 years ago

Thank's for the support Oilspot, I will update what I find as well.
Machine lived in a barn for the past 10 years. Was in fairly good condition when i got it except for a badly worn play field, flaking back glass and common electrical problems these games regularly suffer from.

My outlane kicker doesn't have a rubber tip! Going to Pinfest this weekend, looks like we will add this to the shopping list.

2 weeks later
#12 5 years ago

New ROM didn't fix sound, bought a board off Fleabay but it didn't have ribbon cable connector for voice. Swapped PIA chip into old sound board and voila! But now I have more issues to chase. I'm still waiting on desoldering /soldering tools and resistors to fix displays

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
2,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hawesville, KY
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Washington Court House, OH
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 42.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Casper, WY
$ 11.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

1,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Benton, PA
Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/firepower-assistance-please?hl=oilspot and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.