Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
2013-02-24_15-49-48_32zoom.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider andy_b.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#13 10 years ago

IIRC from the data sheets max voltage for a 74XX chip is 7.5v. I checked this out when I accidentally put 12v down the 5v rail on my Barracora CPU when I had it on the test bench
I didn't want to risk any of them being stressed to just before failure point so I socketed and replaced them all. What a ball ache!

I recall there is one 4000 series chip on there that is rated to about 15v. That's the only one I didn't swap.

Andy

1 week later
#31 10 years ago

>>First, shows how far the kicker travels when the switch is activated manually.
>>Second, shows where the kicker is at rest.
>>Third, shows how far the kicker travels with two balls. Three balls, even less.

That seems OK

>>Grounding out the coil with three balls will push them one at a time over the trough hump but >>not all three together.

The outhole will never have more than one ball at a time. Even at the end of a game when two locked balls are kicked out they won't land in the outhole together. I don't see the fact that it won't kick three balls at a time up the trough hump as a problem as it will never occur.

>>Another thing is eventually the switch will no longer activate the kicker. I can take the balls >>away and try to fire it manually and it doesn't fire. Is this a safety feature or, if not, what >>could be the cause? Turning the game off and on gets it working again.
>>Nothing looks misaligned. Thoughts?

Maybe but I haven't come across it before. Perhaps a system6 expert could chime in When the switch stops working try registering a few playfield switches to see if that then makes the outhole switch start working again.

Andy

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfields
Troxel Repair
Playfields
$ 42.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball
Other
$ 129.00
Cabinet Parts
Bob's Pinball Stuff
Cabinet parts
Tools
Pincoder Store
Tools
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball
Led
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider andy_b.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/firepower-5101-ram-chip-issues?tu=andy_b and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.