1 year ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20221124_110245 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20221124-115150_Gallery (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sparrowsinfrost.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 1 year ago

20221124_110245 (resized).jpg20221124_110245 (resized).jpgThe right flipper on my firepower stopped working, it also controlls the lane change. there is no spark when the switch engages. looking at the capacitor leg it looks a little toasty, is there a good way to test this capacitor without desodering? also does anyone know where I can get a capacitor that will replace this if it is in fact the capacitor. Thanks for any advice

Screenshot_20221124-115150_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20221124-115150_Gallery (resized).jpg

#3 1 year ago
Quoted from JethroP:

Not sure why you have a capacitor on the flipper circuit. I'd remove it, but don't think that's your problem. You have power to the solenoid?

From what I gather the capacitor reduces the arc on the contact with the leaf switch to reduce degradation, the other switch also has one, the solenoid has power, and the left flipper works so it isn't a fuse. with the playfield lifted I can see a spark when the leaf switch makes contact on the left flipper and no spark on the right

#5 1 year ago
Quoted from pete_d:

you could just pull the capacitor from the left flipper and measure it.

good place to start, should measure at leat close

Quoted from pete_d:

Note that if the capacitor shorted, it might have (probably) caused the flipper to get stuck, then eventually burn something else out.

wouldn't it have blown the fuse though? the flippers on this machine share a slow blowfuses, inspected and looks fine.

#7 1 year ago
Quoted from pete_d:

You can start with the capacitor. You could even just take it out of the circuit; as noted above, the flipper should still work fine without it, you'll just get a stronger arc on the switches points

good point, completing the circuit should fire the flipper if it fires its in the switch, if not time to start tracing.

#8 1 year ago

Found some really questionable re-welds around the flipper coil,cleaned and resodered joints, working 100% thanks to all responses!!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 22.50
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 11.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

2,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Shrewsbury, MA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sparrowsinfrost.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/firepower-2-flipper-not-firing?tu=sparrowsinfrost and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.