• Latest reply 4 years ago by frunch
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20190922_081836_com.google.android.apps.docs(1).jpg
#1 4 years ago

Hello everyone. A few months ago, my Firepower 2 blacked out mid-game and all that remained were the playfield lights. After some troubleshooting it was determined that one of the flipper coils surged the MPU and fried it. I replaced both flipper coils and sent the boards to Clive at Coin-Op for repair. I received the boards back repaired and certified bench tested to work properly. I re-installed the boards per the instructions and the machine is now in attract mode. I found that both coin credit switches are unresponsive, and I am unable to put any credits on the machine. I am able to get it to go into diagnostic mode, and didnt see anything obvious there. I put it in game adjustment mode, but I am unable to change any values due to the credit button being unresponsive as well. The coin switches and credit button were functioning properly before the MPU got fried. Can anyone suggest how to start troubleshooting this? Thanks.

#2 4 years ago

Can you get the game into the switch test mode?
Do the playfield switches work?
Do any of the switches work?
I suspect IC17 on the driver board.
This is the Switch Matrix driver for column 1 (cabinet) thru 4.

#3 4 years ago

Looks like all your non-working switches are on column 1 of the switch matrix.

Given that the boards are ok (i can't imagine they would have sent you boards that weren't fixed, they're a good company)...

i would start looking for a broken green/brown wire or a diode that broke a leg off any of the switches in column one:

Screenshot_20190922_081836_com.google.android.apps.docs(1).jpgScreenshot_20190922_081836_com.google.android.apps.docs(1).jpg
#4 4 years ago

I checked both coin switches and the credit switch w my mm.. all 3 have 5v running through them.

#5 4 years ago

Have you also checked the tilt switches? Any switch on the column could potentially be the culprit when dealing with a problem of this nature.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 22.50
2,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Shrewsbury, MA
$ 11.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/firepower-2-does-not-register-credits-in-attract-mode and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.