Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4695 (resized).PNG
IMG_4694 (resized).PNG

#1 5 years ago

I'm just going to preface this with a statement. With my wife's pregnancy and me sorting out my depression, it's been almost 18 months since I've tried teching out a game. I feel like all my diagnostic skills are rusty.

I have a Firepower with what looks like two or maybe three issues.

1.) Hitting the flipper either Tilts or reset's the game entirely. I'm not sure which, but I'm guessing the power supply needs rebuilt. I even unwired the rolling ball tilt because I thought from trying to sort out issue 2 i thought it was stuck on.

2.) If I lock a ball, the game loads one into the shooter lane and then another one a second later. I've tried soft plunging to trigger the shooter lane switch but it still loads a second ball. I switched out the original boards with a good Rottendogg and the issue is still there. From what I can tell, all the switches are registering correctly.

Can anyone help me get back on my feet here? I have a crazy plan involving this game, and I'd like to get it off the project pile.

Thanks.

#2 5 years ago

Like you said first thing is test your power supply. Then go into switch test and compare your test results to the switch matrix chart. After you (if) find out any switches that are triggering incorrectly or setting of multiple switches closely check the wires and diodes going to those switches checking for shorts or broken leads.

IMG_4694 (resized).PNGIMG_4694 (resized).PNGIMG_4695 (resized).PNGIMG_4695 (resized).PNG
#3 5 years ago

I got a power supply rebuild kit ordered. I'll try the switch test again later on, but I'm pretty sure everything was correct. I'll have to double check

#4 5 years ago

Looks like the power supply rebuild fixed the reset issue. Just have to dig into my switches and then figure out why I have no music

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Tools
Pincoder Store
Tools
2,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Branford, CT
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 42.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 129.00
Cabinet Parts
Bob's Pinball Stuff
Cabinet parts
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Washington Court House, OH
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball
Led

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/firepower-2-balls-in-shooter-after-lock-and-resets-on-flipper-hit and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.